Garage Plans

have to start a new thread will if you get a narrow boat lol,,, Mini wash your mouth out unless it's got a V8 in it...
Lol It's drained away mostly now so I can hold up on getting a narrowboat for the minute. Hopefully it stays dry for a bit so I can get some concrete in.
I love anything with a V8 in too but nowt wrong with a Mini mate. Well, a proper Mini I mean...not one of those BMW things with a mini badge stuck on it!! haha
Garage moving on nicely Dan!

IMG_20191021_090600.jpg
He worked on Sunday too. Getting the floor area ready for the rubble from the wall, then we will have around 4inch thick concrete for the floor.
He is back again today. Progress is going the right direction.

Had a call from the pit place, it is completed and its being collected from them on Wednesday and will be delivered Wednesday afternoon.

Internal size of the garage is 6.1m deep x 7m wide. So just planning where about to put the pit. 3.5m x 1m. Whipping it up in 3D using the scale sized cars. Also planning where to put the workbench and sink etc..

In all seriousness, consider some rudimentary first aid too. An eye wash/bath, plasters etc
Working in a pit, all sorts of crap can fall off and can get behind the safety glasses you always wear right?

IMG_20191022_172936.jpg
Progress going good.

Good idea about the first aid box. I'll get one in there.

IMG_20191023_100013.jpg
IMG_20191023_105808.jpg
Pit has arrived. Must try to cover it to stop it filling with water. Although Will does have a pump that can empty out any water that gets in there.

Straight out of Scrapheap Challenge! But you could rig up some windscreen washer motors from a scrap yard and run some piping up to remove any water that accumulates once it’s in the ground!!
Although a fish tank / pond pump would work better!

DOH, TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN . SIMPLES as the mear kats would say . until you ready to install it

Yeah turning it upside down did cross our minds. Weights about 90kg, struggle with 4 men to move it. So with 2 guys trying to flip it I fear too much pressure would be on the edges and would damage it.

So I covered it, and to stop it drooping in the middle I put some planks in there to keep the cover up.
IMG_20191023_161434.jpg

Last edited:
lol, yeah its not heavy when you compare it to gym weights, its an awkward size, with no handles, slippery with the shiny waterproof coat on the outside. When it comes to lowering it in a hole we will pop some straps around it.

Brought lights for it today and some sockets and armoured cable. I'll get this wired up before it goes in the ground.

IMG_20191024_085329.jpg
Dry this morning, but forecast light rain this afternoon so he is hoping to get the front wall built up higher this morning.

Pit may be going in thr ground the coming week. So I need to get the electrics sorted in it. Two double sockets and two led light battens, cabling on the outside that will be set in concrete.

IMG_20191027_140346.jpg

Found my headlamp so I could carry on fir a nut longer in thr dark. Using 2.5mn armoured cable.
IMG_20191027_185410.jpg

IMG_20191028_122523.jpg

IMG_20191028_130256.jpg
Old garage is coming down.

Back