Fuel tank or sealer

saleen 192

Core Member
ok i have a few jobs on the go with TA finish them 1st,just waiting on all the deliveries but the question is i have a small leak on fuel tank when fuel is above half full or at least seams that way could the hard driving these welsh mountain roads sloshing the fuel around LOL, ;)so might or might not be a hose looking at some of the hoses i have had to replace( shown in other thread,) or it could be where the sender unit is and its pipe work or as its when over half full could be the welded seam, wont know till i drop the tank,
rockauto showing out of stock and with out filler neck ? and would be 400quid
summit racing complete tank with shipping taxing is about 600ish quid
or could try fuel tank sealer ? mixed reviews inside of tank must be clean and then the 3 part process for the product various types por15 kit 3 part kit 60quid,
what>s the SR opinion? lol,,
ok will not really now till i drop tank

1657950782748.png

Few jobs on the go? You know what us guys are like multitasking.
A new tank would be nice, but expense is fairly high. Martin with the Ranchero recently replaced his if I remember right.
I guess you don't know where its leaking from until you get it out. Join around the filler neck, seam around the middle or around the sender.
May be an O-ring around the sender, so that may be simple.
As for treatment, I would recommend that POR stuff. Tarted up Sarah's tank with that, didn't do the inside.
If you have a seam leak I guess it's best to treat that from inside the tank. What ever you do dont weld it even is the tank as empty without washing it out really good first. A local guy(Denmead) done that, thought it was clean, it set light to his garage, surrounded garages, and horse stables near by.
Enjoy getting the tank out. Get it on bench and check it out.

Few jobs on the go? You know what us guys are like multitasking. FEW CAN MULTI TASK BETTER THAN OTHERS LOL (y) ;) ;) :p:)
A new tank would be nice, but expense is fairly high. Martin with the Ranchero recently replaced his if I remember right. THOUGHT HE DID
I guess you don't know where its leaking from until you get it out. Join around the filler neck, seam around the middle or around the sender.
May be an O-ring around the sender, so that may be simple. YES COULD BE ANY ONE OF THEM OR ALL OF THEM LOL WELL ITS GETTING OLD LIKE ITS OWNER
As for treatment, I would recommend that POR stuff. Tarted up Sarah's tank with that, didn't do the inside. TO MUCH INFO LOL
If you have a seam leak I guess it's best to treat that from inside the tank. What ever you do dont weld it even is the tank as empty without washing it out really good first. A local guy(Denmead) done that, thought it was clean, it set light to his garage, surrounded garages, and horse stables near by. WOW THAT DID DO ALOT OF DAMANGE
Enjoy getting the tank out. Get it on bench and check it out. TA TANK MUCH EASIER TO REMOVE THAT THE CAMARO 2 TANK STRAPS AND A COUPLE OF HOSES WILL POST UP WHEN I GET ROUND TO IT(THATS YOUR 2ND NAME ISTNT ?) (GET ROUND TO IT) LOL THINK SARAH WOULD AGREE LOL

if you know exactly where the leak is try Granville Petro Patch Putty used this recently on the p100 on the bottom of the 1/2 full tank. MOT man found a small weep where i had welded it .

if you know exactly where the leak is try Granville Petro Patch Putty used this recently on the p100 on the bottom of the 1/2 full tank. MOT man found a small weep where i had welded it

no destruction like above then ,,lol,,
yes i have herd about putty repairs ie JB weld,

Have you got that tank out yet?

LOL, i can only multi task two jobs today start motor and oil pan gasket

Darren your next job should be some padding on the jacking beam?

Lol was looking at putting some padding on jacking beam last night.
For those those don't know cut my head on the corner of the jacking beam on the ramp. Blood dosnt mix very well with oil lol
IMG_20220717_133219.jpg

Back