Fitting Torque Arm and Lower Control Arms with Reloacatrion brackets.

Dan in your last picture the 2 nut are not holding correctly studs/bolts should protrude through the nut .
Well spotted, they are not locking nuts, I would like them to petrrute further, they are almost flush, an extra thread would have made them flush. The instructions are to use the same as stock bolts. The washer you see is on the nut itself. However there is a washer at the top end of the bolt. I could gain an extra couple of threads removing that washer. Maybe that is the way forward.

Yes sir, 97ft/lbs

Found there are longer bolts avilable too.
1586292171270.png

I wonder if I brought them in my kit of parts. I thought I brought the whole shop to do the job.

Cant check me emails of what I ordered that far back as on a USA skype call right now.They are on my laptop, I'll check in a bit, this call should finish by 10pm.

Just checked my order history, longer bolts not ordered. doh!.

Possibly, I could always take the old bolt for measurement. The nut is 21mm socket/spanner. I best try to measure the diameter and length.

I've just sent off an email to the states to order the bolts from UMI. Package should be light, and should arrive in a couple of weeks. They are around 5 hours behind, so I have some time to find an alternative before I make payment.

When i used 21mm, it must have been american size, as UK sizes skip that size. Many bolts on the TA are metric.

1586328619648.png

Anyway I'll give it another measure.

Okayt I tihnk this is possible. The vernia measures 13.75mm across the threads. The bolt itself 12.8mm along the length, widening to 14mm for a short bit on the right hand end. This bolt is 190mm long.
1586331912692.png

So a nice shiny pair of M14x200mm will be perfect. Many online hardware bolt distributers are shut. I did see one, and offered Steel, Sainless-A2 and Stainless-A4. Soo many options. :)

Yay, found some. So all good.
The top of the one from the car says 10.9, looks like 8.8 is redily available. I found 12.9, which is far stronger than stainless.

High Grade Alloy Steel to BS EN ISO 898/1 Grade 12.9. Suitable for all high tensile applications.

Ordered nuts and washers too so it will all be new. Order all gone though.

nice to see the old school vernier i got one of them. but don't use it now i do it the lazy way with a digital vernier

was it nut and bolt store portslade portslade ?? or more local there is a place on the ford industrial estate yapton side but i cant remeber it's name loads of imperial stuff and old ba and whitworth as well as metric supplies alot of the garages around littlehampton,

Ended up with 10 bolts, lol, enough to do 5 rear ends.

i once needed 4 bolts for the rear end of the ranchero ended up with a box of 25. got them from touts in portsmouth pity they have gone

Nuts and washers have arrived. 50 nuts and 100 washers, lol. I'm sure they will come in useful another day too.
IMG_20200409_120526.jpg

The bolts are sent out seperate.

Looking darn good if I say so myself. Need to torque bolts. Just positioning things first.
IMG_20200409_182548.jpg

IMG_20200409_182709.jpg

just need to spray them same color as the car

Where the relocation bracket goes its the same place as the handbrake cable carrier. Its a C shaped bracket like the relocation bracket. There are two options make the C bigger to go over the top of the relocation bracket, it cut a part of the C off to make it L shaped.
These are in UMIs instructions, "bend or cut". I don't have an angle grinder, and it's tight in there and way, it's currently bent out of the way. It dosn't bend to easily. So will assess this morning, what do you loose cutting it, or can bending be made to look nice. Chaps on Ls1tech have dremelled it, I do have a dremel so it's an option.
All good fun. Its handy being able to put overalls on and nip under the car before dinner, soo easy with great access. Gone are the days taking ages to jack up the car, rolling around on wet, cold, stoney drive. :)

Back