Door skin

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
for many many years now I've been meaning to repair the door hinge area of the drivers door on the Trans-am, ever since I've had it (Sept 2002) there has been a crack on the lower drivers door hinge which causes the door to sag. Over the years it hasn't sagged further, but the outer door skin is getting loose.
Eventurally wind underneath the door skin will probably take it off. So I do really need to get that door off, and get some fibreglass bonging glue stuff before it looks like this.
Firebird-No-Door-Skin.jpg
Looks like its not too uncommon for the door skin to come off.

Last edited:
Just finished doing my door hinges pain in the ass job , so good luck and what about a complete door instead of repairing for yours ????

New door was ?800 it comes unpainted and that was the price 11 years ago. Although may be able to get a good second hand one perhaps. The new one comes unpainted, I guess I would need to paint it either way to make it match the rest of the car.
The skin has been glued in the past before I owned the car. I do have a spare hinge, but its the support on the door which has gone, i would need to re-enforce it with metal and rivets I think and glue. Its a job i keep meaning to do, but when its nice weather i want to drive the car, when its bad weather i cant leave the car with the door off. I really must get to do it this year. The drive way isn't wide enough to open the door fully, so i may have trouble getting it off unless I do it in the road.

We've got a huge driveway if you want to take a trip and borrow it :) :)

Back