COVID-19 vaccine

It will be tested on people first, so I'll hold off until we see how that goes. I guess it's just like a flu jab, low risk giving you a bit of the virus for your immune system to adapt?

Did I hear that you won't be able to fly unless you prove you have had the vaccine? I wasn't planning on flying anyway.
I've never been able to fly,..................arms too short!

Drink redbull it gives you wings lol😁👍

I had my first jab yesterday morning, the Oxford one. I felt OK until yesterday evening when I started feeling shivery and achey, so I took paracetamol. Then I woke up at 2am with flu like symptoms (head ache, body aches and feeling hot). Still feel a bit rough today but better and very tired. It's all pretty much what I was warned about. Apparently the side effects are a good sign that the vaccine is working so all good.

I had my first jab yesterday morning, the Oxford one. I felt OK until yesterday evening when I started feeling shivery and achey, so I took paracetamol. Then I woke up at 2am with flu like symptoms (head ache, body aches and feeling hot). Still feel a bit rough today but better and very tired. It's all pretty much what I was warned about. Apparently the side effects are a good sign that the vaccine is working so all good.

That's exactly what I had. Ended up taking a couple of days off work but as you say it shows things are working. Quite a few people I know have had the same reaction from the first dose of the Astra Zeneca vaccine. Apparently, the Pfizer vaccine can have symptoms after the second dose.

That's exactly what I had. Ended up taking a couple of days off work but as you say it shows things are working. Quite a few people I know have had the same reaction from the first dose of the Astra Zeneca vaccine. Apparently, the Pfizer vaccine can have symptoms after the second dose.
Yeah, a couple of people I have spoken to since said they had similar symptoms. Going by the way I felt during the night I didn't expect to be in work the following day, but paracetamol helped a lot.
That's interesting about the Pfizer one being worse for the second jab. I am wondering what to expect with my second Astrazeneca one 🤔

My second Pfizer shot isn'd due for another 6 to 8 weeks unless they bring it forward. As I said earlier, I had no nasties from the first shot.

My second Pfizer shot isn'd due for another 6 to 8 weeks unless they bring it forward. As I said earlier, I had no nasties from the first shot.
It will be interesting to see how your second Pfizer one goes. I hope you don't get any side effects 👍

I'll let you know - Watch this space.....

.....Just had my second jab, Doc says I should have a numb arm, slight headache and mild flu like symptoms for a few days. after 5 days I will be 95% immune to Covid. I will report on progress as it happens (Or not).

Had the first one last week, took about 30hpurs fir side effect to show and after a good night's sleep I was good. My 2nd one in July.

Well, 48 hours later and no major side effects from my second jab. Still feel where the needle went in but that is slowly fading away. Maybe that having a flu jab last autumn has reduced the chance of other side effects.

just booked my booster jab for 29th Nov. Any one had their booster yet?

Only had the 2nd jab, not booked the booster. Is there an age group first? do the doctors surgery contact you, or do you book yourself on like the NHS website like the previous jabs?

I heard there was a tablet too, not sure how true that is, saw it on the news while channel flicking(I never stay on the news channel long)

I had a text from the NHS which said I could book online or phone a number. I think it's over 50's or 60's at this time unless you have certain health issues. I also had my flu jab in early Oct. My left arm is starting to look like a well used pin cussion!

just booked my booster jab for 29th Nov. Any one had their booster yet?
My Covid booster is booked for next Monday morning. As I am over 50 I was able to book on the government's Covid website. I may be wrong but think over 40's can only book when it's been 6 months since their second jab.
I had my flu jab about 4 weeks ago.

An older friend of mine had his booster a couple of weeks ago and had a few side effects, worse than the first two jabs. So, it will be interesting to see how you get on Will.

An older friend of mine had his booster a couple of weeks ago and had a few side effects, worse than the first two jabs. So, it will be interesting to see how you get on Will.
Yes, I will let you know Chris. My first two jabs were Qxford Astrazeneca, but apparently the booster will be Pfizer. I have heard of people getting a reaction with the booster.

My first two were phizer so may be OK?

I had my booster jab at 9:30 this morning Chris. It was the Pfizer. The actual jab stung a bit as it went in compared to others I have had, but was easily bearable. My arm felt a little sorer than previously too, but now only hurts with movement, probably because it went into the muscle I guess. So far so good regarding any other symptoms at the moment though, but I will update you with any changes.
(I was quite rough with flu like symptoms for almost a week after my first Astrazeneca jab, the second was much better).

Back