COVID-19 vaccine

That's good.

Numbers are going up so quick people are not staying at home
Yeah, it does seem that way. There's definitely more people out and about than the last lockdown. When most of us are missing out on seeing family and friends, I'm pleased to hear police are taking action against those who think the rules don't apply to them.

Yeah, it does seem that way. There's definitely more people out and about than the last lockdown. When most of us are missing out on seeing family and friends, I'm pleased to hear police are taking action against those who think the rules don't apply to them.
People protesting its taking away their freedom. Perhaps they should be denied NHS treatment?

People protesting its taking away their freedom. Perhaps they should be denied NHS treatment?
Good point. That is a selfish attitude of people really and I suspect is because they think it won't affect them. But anyone can spread it, whether it makes them sick or not. Also, people of younger ages seem to more affected by the new strain.
I read recently that a guy critically ill in hospital with Covid said those who flout the rules have blood of their hands. A powerful but valid statement?

Last edited:
My 82 year old brother in law is booked to have his first jab on Wednesday.

And the daughter of my father in law's neighbour is seriously ill in hospital with Covid. She is 24!

dad had his 1st jab wednesday at home [ he's house bound ].

Hayling Health center, nothing available for Waterlooville.

Apparently, it seems that people are able to jump the queue for the Covid vaccine! My Chinese boss and his two Chinese friends who are all in their 40's and healthy have had the vaccine. I was surprised and asked him how. At first he said he received a text from the NHS. Then he said he heard through a HK Facebook group 🤔
I've since looked online and it appears this is happening. People are sometimes falsely claiming they are care workers and the vaccine centres aren't always checking.

Last edited:
They starting giving the 2nd jab to people last week and to support carers

They are now taking people in my age group for the jab, so I am booked in for my first one on 15th March.

I believe over 45 are coming up, a category I fit into. Wont be long before I can get over 50 life insurance and go on Saga holidays.

I had the Astra-Zeneca (Oxford) jab last week because of my Asthma. The side effects were awful, had a temperature and flu like symptoms for two days afterwards.

Mine was the Pfizzer jab and apart from a slight numb/heavy feeling arm no other side effects. I was expecting flu like symptoms but nothing came.

My father in law had the Oxford one and said he had a headache and felt quite tired the next day. When I have the Flu jab each year the side effects of that seem to vary from nothing, to what felt like a bad cold for a few days one year. So I am expecting some symptoms with the Covid jab.

my mum [ 90 ]has had both jabs now no side effects

Back