COVID-19 vaccine

AmericanThunder

Super Moderator
Has anyone you know had the vaccine yet?
If so which category do they in?

18CD2B0E-3471-489A-8ACB-220042D5CDD0.jpeg

Not asking for me as even if offered I will be saying no.

It will be tested on people first, so I'll hold off until we see how that goes. I guess it's just like a flu jab, low risk giving you a bit of the virus for your immune system to adapt?

Did I hear that you won't be able to fly unless you prove you have had the vaccine? I wasn't planning on flying anyway.

I have read up a bit on this subject since our last discussion about it. Apparently new vaccines are tested on hundreds of people before general release. And it doesn't actually give you the full virus itself, only antigens. There have only been a few mild reactions so far. The bigger risk is if it doesn't protect us from Covid.
I am 8th on that list. Millions will have had it before it's my turn, so provided there aren't any horror stories by then I will have it. At my age I would rather take my chances with the vaccine than Covid lol.
My 51 year old neice had her first dose last week as she works in a care home. Last I heard she was still alive 🤞

I'll pass thanks.

I know it's a tweek on the SARS vaccine but I still won't have one. I won't be taking my chances on a vaccine that's been rushed through and made by a company who have agreed with the government that they cannot be held accountable for anything that goes wrong. Doesn't really fill me with confidence.

my mum and mum in law have both had there first jab

I'll pass thanks.

I know it's a tweek on the SARS vaccine but I still won't have one. I won't be taking my chances on a vaccine that's been rushed through and made by a company who have agreed with the government that they cannot be held accountable for anything that goes wrong. Doesn't really fill me with confidence.
I must admit, I can see where you're coming from. Some vaccines take years to be approved. As I say, if there have been any negative developments by the time I am due to have it, I will give it a miss.

What category do they fit in?
2 mum is 90 mum in law is 89. mum is due her 2nd one on the 6th
dad is still waiting for his. he is house bound so can't get to the doctor
mum might be cat 1 as she is his carer

mum has just had her 2 jab canceled
Did they say why?
I read that one jab offers protection for longer than was first thought, so they are planning to do more people with the first jab and will do the second ones later.

Was it cancelled due to Covid? That would be like a mistic Meg convention being cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.

Did they say why?
I read that one jab offers protection for longer than was first thought, so they are planning to do more people with the first jab and will do the second ones later.

Was it cancelled due to Covid? That would be like a mistic Meg convention being cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.
she was not told why. however i have since been told [ by a friend of a friend of a friend ] that the storage freezer broke

I have a foot in both Camps, and confused, I have a suppressed immune system due to a NON alcohol related liver transplant ( I have auto immune system hepatitis) My Liver consultant in the uk cannot give me a finite answer if what's left of my immune system could actually make use of what the jab will try to instruct it to do, I am in contact with my Italian surgeon who works in France his advice was simular, but he said he would go with the vaccine with caution?? what ever that would mean, he is a little worried that the Governments have given the supplying companies immunity from any prosecution, but due to suffering blood clots in my small bowel back in July he thinks I may have has Covid with no other symptoms, this drags up another question, is it actually Covid that all the scientists think it is? As been said the current idea is to tweak the Sars virus to let the immune system know what to attack, Confused I am!! I have been trawling the net trying to find evidence either way, I did find the item below that is from the Government's own Notifiable Contagious Disease page on the net, unfortunately I cannot post the link as it wont let me, so I took a screenshot, first one is where to look if you want to have a look yourselves. UA after some towns confused me but it turns out it means Unitary Authority
Screenshot 2021-01-02 141951.png
Screenshot 2021-01-02 141841.png
, you have to find that pdf and scroll to page 14, it does appear to me that the government are basing their figures on the faulty tests and not Hospital admissions?

My understanding is that the government purchased 800000 inoculations, enough for 400000 people as two jabs per person. Instead of sitting on 400k jabs waiting for the 2nd inoculation they are choosing to jab another 400k people.

she was not told why. however i have since been told [ by a friend of a friend of a friend ] that the storage freezer broke
That's doesn't surprise me really. The first vaccine had to be stored at minus 70. It must surely be more difficult to maintain that reliably and such equipment is probably less abundant. The Oxford Astrazeneka one can be stored in a normal fridge.

I have a foot in both Camps, and confused, I have a suppressed immune system due to a NON alcohol related liver transplant ( I have auto immune system hepatitis) My Liver consultant in the uk cannot give me a finite answer if what's left of my immune system could actually make use of what the jab will try to instruct it to do, I am in contact with my Italian surgeon who works in France his advice was simular, but he said he would go with the vaccine with caution?? what ever that would mean, he is a little worried that the Governments have given the supplying companies immunity from any prosecution, but due to suffering blood clots in my small bowel back in July he thinks I may have has Covid with no other symptoms, this drags up another question, is it actually Covid that all the scientists think it is? As been said the current idea is to tweak the Sars virus to let the immune system know what to attack, Confused I am!! I have been trawling the net trying to find evidence either way, I did find the item below that is from the Government's own Notifiable Contagious Disease page on the net, unfortunately I cannot post the link as it wont let me, so I took a screenshot, first one is where to look if you want to have a look yourselves. UA after some towns confused me but it turns out it means Unitary Authority View attachment 161859View attachment 161860, you have to find that pdf and scroll to page 14, it does appear to me that the government are basing their figures on the faulty tests and not Hospital admissions?
Indeed, there seems to be differing information on how the figures are compiled and can be interpreted.
It is unfortunate for you that you can't get a difinitive answer on how you stand re having the vaccine. I guess the best thing might be to opt not to have it and remain distanced from others, which should be easier now we're in another lockdown.

That's good.

Numbers are going up so quick people are not staying at home

Back