1968 Ford Mustang Coupe For Sale

RSS_Auto_Poster

15922tcac

Hi and thanks for looking. This is my 1968 Mustang that has some great and rare options. To start off with the factory console Convenience Control Panel which are the 4 lights in the middle of the dash which show seat belts, emergency brake, door ajar and low fuel. It also has tilt away steering! Original radio, tinted glass, deluxe seat belts, chrome styled wheels and deluxe interior. It has the original rear axle with 2.79 gears which are great for most any driving. It also has the neat turn signal hood with the turn signal lights in it. The car sat in a garage for years and the heater core went out and left the carpet wet from it so the floor had to be patched on the passenger side where it rusted but that was the only rust anywhere. This car only has 80000 original miles which is very low for a car of this age. An owner before me replaced the 289 with a 302 with a C4 behind it. Before export to the UK in 2016 a lot of work was done including; new front end kit with upper and lower control arms, tie rod ends, bushings etc. New stainless steel headers and dual exhaust system complete with dura max mufflers and rebuilt drive line, new emergency brake cable, new monroe shocks, new gas tank and new bumpers. The 2 barrel manifold was removed and a 68 J code four barrel manifold that was on a 68 Shelby GT350 was installed along with a 600 Holley. A chrome engine dress up kit for valve covers and air cleaner was also installed. Inside the heater was completely rebuilt with new heater core foam kit, defrost plenum and cables and it works great. The convenience control group is super cool with red and blue warning lights. After a couple of seconds the blue door lights star flashing when the door is open and the red brake light also starts flashing when the handbrake is on. The belt light goes after about 15 seconds. The tilt works but the cable is broke, it doesn"t bother me so I"ve never had it repaired. It has the overhead console and the lights both work. It has a bunch of interior lights and they all work. The front seats have been redone with new foam and covers, the back seat is all original. New window rollers and greased guides etc. and they work nice. New door panels arm rest door pulls, dash pad and I have a dash mat that comes with the car. Also has a proper spare wheel and tyre which is the same as the rest of the wheels. It had a new windscreen (tinted) and the rest of the windows are original and factory tinted. The chrome wheels are original with new centre caps and beauty rings. The car was repainted the original colour of Acapulco Blue which I think is one of the best colours on a Mustang. This is not a GT but I like the looks of it this way. In my ownership I have changed a few things but I kept all original parts that will come with the car. I have installed an upgraded Borgeson power steering box with integrated power assistance so no leaky control valve, replacement wood steering wheel and a front spoiler. I complete a 1000 mile round trip to Classic Le Mans last year with no issues at all. Recently just had 4 new tyres fitted. I would consider a part x with cash my way. I would consider most things so try me. <br />

Date written: 05-Jun-2019

Price: <td><strong>£21000 Or near offer

More about this vehicle on carandclassic.co.uk

ID: 15922

Back