1967 Pontiac Firebird 400 For Sale

RSS_Auto_Poster

1974.jpg

Reluctantly for sale due to emigration, 1967 Pontiac Firebird running a Big Block 400c.i. V8. I shipped this in myself from Ohio a couple of years ago, having spent a long time searching for the right car that ticked all my boxes...Big Block, Manual Gearbox and any colour as long as it s black. <br />
<br />
This one has it all, with the 4 speed gearbox, limited slip differential and Starlight Black exterior all being factory options from new. Other factory options include the bonnet mounted rev counter, tinted Soft Ray Windscreen, Dual Exhaust and Original AM-FM radio with 8 track, <br />
The interior is straight black and includes a Hurst shifter with a T Handle, aftermarket steering wheel, VDO water temperature and oil pressure gauges. Other than these additions it is completely stock and is clean with no rips or tears. <br />
<br />
The exterior is in good condition, the paint is a solid 8 out of 10. It waxes up beautifully as can be seen in the pictures. It isn t concourse and there are some minor imperfections however these need to be pointed out for them to become apparent. The car was originally fitted with a 326, the 400 bonnet and Camaro rear spoiler being aftermarket touches along with the Rally wheels which are wearing BF Goodrich tyres. <br />
<br />
Mechanically this car is dialled in, with power steering making it a breeze to park and the brake booster making it a pleasure to drive. Traction bars are fitted, although traction is still not guaranteed. The 400 will happily spin the wheels in the wet, dry, rolling or from stand still. The engine has been upgraded with an Edelbrock Performer Intake, a 650cfm Edelbrock Carb and Hooker Headers running to Magnaflow backboxes. It has had an uprated cam fitted, but I was not passed on the details for it. Stock the 400 engines are rated at 325 hp, with the upgrades on this engine I believe the power is closer to 375 hp at least and it shows. The car demands respect when driving, whilst it will ride beautifully if driven with care, if you decide to mash the throttle pedal like it s a 2 litre euro box it will quickly teach you a lesson or two. <br />
<br />
The following are the original options the car came with from the factory, as per the original build sheet:<br />
<br />
Exterior Colour - AA (Starlight Black)<br />
Trim - 260 (Parchment)<br />
33 - 3 (Firebird 326, 2 BBL)<br />
34 - 5 (Radio, Pushbutton, AM/FM & Manual)<br />
47 - 2 (Console)<br />
47 - 4 (Electric Clock)<br />
48 - 1 (Dual Exhaust)<br />
53 - 2 (Soft Ray Glass, Windshield only)<br />
70 - 4 (Tachometer, Hood Mounted)<br />
71/72 - HD (E70 x 14 White Stripe, Wide Oval, Tires)<br />
73 - I (Safe-T-Track Rear Axle)<br />
74 - G (3.23 Axle Ratio)<br />
75/76 - WC (4 Speed Manual Transmission, Floor Shift, 326ci Engine, 2 BBL, 250HP)<br />
77 - F (4 Speed Manual Transmission, V8 only)<br />
78 - 4 (4 Speed Manual Transmission, Floor Shift, V8 only)<br />
<br />
The car fires up straight away and is a reliable, jump in and drive anywhere type of car. It flew through its MOT in December and being a 1967, is tax exempt. There are no rust issues what so ever, it is a solid, clean, reliable ride. <br />
It is PHS documented and is a lot of fun to drive. I had brought it over as a keeper and did not imagine I d be in the position I am right now. <br />
<br />
The private number plate can be included at extra cost, 474 being the capacity of a Pontiac engine I was going to fit at some point in the future. An age related plate will be applied for and fitted prior to sale.<br />
<br />
I"m based in Stoke-on-Trent, if you are in the market for some pure 60 s muscle, you can do far worse than giving this little machine a viewing. <br />
<br />

Date written: 01-Feb-2016

Price: £25000 As stated

More about this vehicle on carandclassic.co.uk

ID: 1974

Back