wickham boxing day

Depends on the alcohol consumption the day before. If anything like last year we just won't even make it out of bed let alone the house!!!

i may come along with cruella

We may do Romsey first then on to Wickham as you can never get out of Wickham once you are there. It gets extremely busy too.

We have gone to Wickham for the last 3 years (we took the Firebird to the last two) and we love it! Great atmosphere with a variety of vehicles. We will be there this year too (not in the Bird though...she's up on stands with no wheels or lights and the nosecone hanging off!).

Have never been to the Romsey one. It always seems like a bit of a treck on a Boxing Day morning, especially with a toddler having new toys to play with, but I have heard some great reports about it.

I'll be heading to wickham, the first time for the Nova... so long as it starts :lol:

I'll do Wickham this year, in the past I've popped along to Romsey after wickham. its a great atmosphere at Wickham, nice and cold, that if you stand still for too long your shoes get frosen to the floor. Think I got to Wickham weather early last time, like the first 5 cars there. Then within 20 mins it was packed. I may go to romsey after this year too.

Perhaps we should arrange something so we all go together and cruise between shows. What do you think?

Perhaps we should arrange something so we all go together and cruise between shows. What do you think?

Yeah sounds like a plan. We have a couple of months to arrange something.

I like the atmosphere and sort of 'cosiness' of the Square but I have seen a number of minor incidents and reports of damage to vehicles there because of it's popularity so have decided to go straight to Romsey this year. Have done both in the past on the same morning but will leave Wickham for now.

I like the atmosphere and sort of 'cosiness' of the Square but I have seen a number of minor incidents and reports of damage to vehicles there because of it's popularity so have decided to go straight to Romsey this year. Have done both in the past on the same morning but will leave Wickham for now.

Actually, I am not surprised to hear that. As you say, Wickham does have a cosy feel to it, which I think adds to it's appeal. But it can certainly feel a bit "confined" there.

Year before last I think it was, we drove into the square from the Titchfield end and the Firebird was soon completely surrounded by a wall of people at one point!
It felt a bit like being in commandant Lassard's car in the riot scene of Police Academy ! lol :blink:

i dont go there as its so packed and can not move

Sorry Darren we won't be there as we had a late night and an early morning (thanks Bob for ringing and waking me haha!!!) Pete is poorly and Malc Fran & Jo are having family day. Not sure who else will be meeting up with you but i know Paul (Camaro) is at Romsey as he is sponsering and has a stand there this year. Dave & Dell Boy should already be there too somewhere. Have a great day :)

Back