10000 to 6000 new homes near Wickham Hampshire

saleen 192

Core Member

Wow 10k down to 6k even congestion in and round local area Southampton Portsmouth Eastleigh already over crouded. The surrounding area to Winchester Petersfield bordon will be even more crouded the new housing and road that bordon bet that's had a impact as well. Carriollion issues the time from memory. Wickham and local area will be a nightmare.

Many new homes are not for for purpose in my opinion. Parking for 1 car but you need two working adults to pay for it. People having to park on pavements, emergency services can't get through.
I can see why builders do it, parking spaces are wasted money if you can get another house squeezed in it's more profit.

Also why soo many houses... Is our population really expanding that quick? Where are all the people coming from? Other countries? Did China do something to reduce population growth like on have 2, kids?

we are an island , only so much room,

Not fit for purpose agree feking contractors going behind so many at the moment really pissing me of,

So be 6000 more people plus and possible 6000 more cars ,

so many empty propertys weather it be old houses or commercial land ie old pub

Last edited:
Roads are certainly struggling with the 3000 houses they put in waterlooville. Glad I dont need to travel to work, there is daily gridlock.

3000 in waterlooville wow. Grid lock then they moan about pollution and environmental well who put the 3k house there bet the local roads suffer. Bet I wouldn't recognise alot of the areas now.

New houses. A friend of mine is in one.
Mind you this could be almost 10 years old now, but to me they seem new. Slowly building out towards Purbrook.
1706992456131.png

They need to change some old road names, this has a pleasant name when it overlooked fields
1706992642245.png

It now overlooks some ugly flats with some funky postage stamp balconys.
1706992685295.png

They look like prison cell blocks. So many people so much concrete so much traffic in a small space. Good point about street names.

What a mess! Yet despite all these new homes and families Waterlooville is a 'Ghost town'. There is talk of a new 'Regeneration plan' but will that bring back the Banks, Building society's and shops? I doubt it!

""""" What a mess! Yet despite all these new homes and families Waterlooville is a 'Ghost town'. There is talk of a new 'Regeneration plan' but will that bring back the Banks, Building society's and shops? I doubt it!""""""""

Totally agree

building all these new comes where are all the jobs for them are they all going to work from home / ok work will be there for the construction trade industries to build these home, then what ???????????????????

when i owned that chevy truck i bought from Pete, my son asked me to move a sofa for a friend of his [he could not get insurance for it ] we went to a new build housing development [tomorrows slum]and was unable to drive down the road . don't know what a fire engine would have done

Back