Wheel's Day - Good Friday April 2nd

Laceytree

Club co ordinator
So the start of the new season will be upon us in a matter of weeks and i don't know about you lot but i am really looking forward to Wheel's Day at Rushmoor Arena, Aldershot on Good Friday.

Any idea where and when we will be meeting yet??

Bazza is all taxed up ready to go!!

probably at morrisons like every year? unless im missing something. probably around 7-8ish. might get a lift with you if its ok :D

The Wheelers are meeting up at Loomies (East Meon Crossroads) for 7.00 am breakfast, and then heading out by 7.30 (times to be confirmed).

You guys are welcome to join us and make this a Huge Cruise to Aldershot.

Did anyone organise the sun this year???

Loomies is a bit out of some of our way so it looks like it will be Morrisons @ Horndean. Meet up and leave @ 7:30am prompt so that we can guarantee to get a good spot. It was good last year as we left the same time and managed to get in however i believe there was a problem the year before in leaving later that it was way past 11am and a bad location that not many people enjoyed sitting in their cars all the time and gradually overheating. If you wish to come along later then by all means do so but you may not be allocated a spot within the club.
Come on everyone start doing the sun dance too as we don't want rain like we did last year do we!!!!:thumbup1:

Hi Trace & H.
We will be there no probs, so looking forward to this one.
And here is the Indian for the Sun dance:red_indian:
Ye! Ha!

Is Diane going to really get up that early? I will be amazed if she does!! haha!!! Its a really good show, one not to be missed as long as the rain holds off.

URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT THAT HAS JUST BEEN BROUGHT TO OUR ATTENTION

We have been advised that dogs are no longer permitted to attend this show and should you take them will not be allowed inside the showground. It is not because of Surrey Street Rodders but because of the MOD who own the land. Considering a lot of people take their dogs to this show every year i will be amazed if they have a good turnout like they usually do. We will wait and see.

Not impressed as it was only by sheer luck that we found this out. I have put a comment on Surrey Street Rodders facebook page and they reckon it was a blip in their communication resulting in this not being advertised..

No and what a fantastic job Dan does. We don't thank you enough for your time Dan so :thumbup: to you

I'm hoping to have a couple of video camara's fixed to my Astro (once I've made up some mounts) for the cruise up there to post up on the club site straight after.

Wow that sounds a wicked idea Geoff. Can't wait to see that. x

will be ok for me and my mate ash to tag on with you lot ? is it still morrison's horndean at 7 ish?........dont worry we will be in two yanks lol

Of course you can the more the merrier. We will be there at about 7:30. Look forward to seeing you then.

Phil with the new Camaro is coming along too. He is aware we are leaving morrison at 7.45 latest, but he cant leave home earlier than 8am, he will catch us up on the A3. What route are we going? Up the A3 but what junction are we coming off on, is it Bordon (A325)?

Fri Day weather

15.gif

Heavy Rain

9?C 3?C Southerly12mph 19km/h 90% 997mb Poor Weather still looking grim :O(

Um pass Dan i don't know whatever way whoever is up front goes and i can guarantee it won't be us cos we could end up in Scotland!!! Dad & Pete will know. Weather's nice today but i bet its not tomorrow. I have been praying the sun will shine for us but have my new wellies just in case!!! See you in the morning :)

Hi all, been checking the forum to see how it went off yesterday. We couldn't go as Ady got himself a chest infection - he's still in bed but getting better though. So was it good fun or what?

best wishes
Ju

wheels day

had a good DRY morning , then a rather soggy afternoon.

still a great show , the main area was full to capacity by midday .

the day ended watching people getting stuck in the mud after the downpours:sad:

i thought pete in black magic had made a successful run through it , but had to be towed out by a helpful range rover . flashbacks of broadlands camping weekend a few years ago came to mind.
DSC01716.jpg

DSC01709.jpg

DSC01713.jpg

Back