What have you done to your vehicle today?

result,

keep up the good work,

Fitted the rebuilt carb now I have the correct gasket, ran it up, tinkered a little and pleased to say it runs rather well!
That's great to here, glad you got it sorted. time to enjoy the summer weather.... well hopefully it will be dry soon.

Spent the whole day outside in this lovely weather. I painted the garage roof with some more sealant as we noticed it was leaking. Hopefully now the Chally won't get wet :)

Whilst I was doing that Dave was detailing the Chally. Once I'd finished the roof I help out. Here are some pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That is one big car!!!!

What no pictures of the roof shame on you :becky:

Hi Chris, where did you get your carb rebuilt, I need mine looking at my car (C1 Corvette) is running but have a flat spot on acceleration, any help would be good, I live in Horndean, Hants....Thanks CorvetteAl

Today I have cleaned the inside of my windscreen. Don't think it has been done since the windscreen was fitted. Which was about 5 years ago, on my 3rd one. I have a prom to do tonight for a friend's friend's daughter. Last time I took the car out and the sun was the wrong height you could see how grubby the windscreen was.

Hi Chris, where did you get your carb rebuilt, I need mine looking at my car (C1 Corvette) is running but have a flat spot on acceleration, any help would be good, I live in Horndean, Hants....Thanks CorvetteAl

Hi there

I got a rebuild kit from NPD and did it myself. However, early Ford carbs are pretty basic, not sure about Chevys but being a C1 I would expect similar technology. Is it the original carb or has it been upgraded at some point? Holleys can be a pain to tune whereas Edellbrocks are fairly simple.

Last edited:
I believe it should be a Rochester Quadrajet or maybe a Carter?
The Edelbrock carbs were based on the Quadrajet/Carter carbs so tuning is very similar.
Rebuild kits are available for all three and it's where I would start, in fact it was just a year ago!

Bought a di vessel for rinsing the cars off with. As I have 3 black cars made sense (it removes contamination from water so basically rinsing car in pure water which leaves no spots or streaks) with out the need for drying

image.jpgimage.jpg this is the one I went for seems to be highly recommended on a lot of other sites 15.4 filled

Ouch, pricey ££££££!
Looking around you can get the same thing from window cleaner supply houses for less.
I will investigate further as we now have two black cars and live in a very hard water area.

Having spent ages looking about that's the best I could find at the price didn't think that it was too bad a price for its size should last about 18 months washing on ave 3 cars a week which I know I will not do !!! Lol

Back