What have you done to your vehicle today?

Car was feeling a bit rough after beaulieu , it was very dusty there. So I washed the air filter, the amount of grit that came out, not surprised it was having trouble breathing. Feels a lot smoother now. Not given it the full beans yet as there havnt been enough road.

Fitted new muffler. Sounds much better :)

Last edited:
The Camaro has been cleaned!!!! Inside and out, also tried out the Megulars Ultimate Compound I got at Lazy Sunday. Amazing stuff!!!

009.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

She has never really had a 'shine' to the paintwork so I am extremely happy with the initial results! Once keys are sorted and she's out on the drive I'll be doing this again :)

Looks good,, Think i will need a gallon of this stuff for TA lol,

Looks good,, Think i will need a gallon of this stuff for TA lol,
and some new arms unless you have a rotary shaker buffer thingy.

Yep got one of those motor polishing thingys spays the polish everywhere, are you arms aking by any chance? thought you would have a beer in one hand and a whip in the other for when sarah stops waxing on waxing off :whistle::whistle::becky:

Yep got one of those motor polishing thingys spays the polish everywhere, are you arms aking by any chance? thought you would have a beer in one hand and a whip in the other for when sarah stops waxing on waxing off :whistle::whistle::becky:

Hahahaha......he had the lawn mower!! ;)

I have used hardly any of the bottle, probably about a third and done the whole car!! Can easily do the car again, only ?10.99 too!

IMAG0640.jpg
Yesterday I was changing the brake pads on the Trans-Am, nice and quick and easy, took more time jacking the car up than actually sliding in new pads.
However the passenger side wasn't quite as sweet, one of the sliders was a bit rusty, and has no movement. So tried hitting it, getting a spanner on it, and the slider wouldn#'t move. So soaked it in penetration oil over night, as I cant find my blow torch to give it a little heat. Took it to the garage today, they applied heat, and it popped itself free. Must have been the gasses building up from the penetration oil. So now its all greased up and freed. I will pop this back on tonight.

IMAG0641.jpg
New brakes pads are on, the sliders are free. Looks quite nice the Yellow brake pads with the red callipers.
Noticed one of the wheels bearings has a little play in it, so just ordered a new hub assembly from RockAuto with the discount code :) ?84 all in for the hub assembly including the ABS sensor and shipping :)

Did you pay VAT on order too?

Did you pay VAT on order too?
Yep, all included
2000 PONTIAC FIREBIRD 5.7L V8
RAYBESTOS
Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly (8708.99.9720)
? 49.45
? 0.00
? 49.45
Discount

? -2.47
Shipping
Economy (Consolidated)
? 23.63
VAT (VAT)

? 14.12
Order Total

? 84.73

Exchange Rate from USD to GBP: 0.5832
Subtotal:
?70.61
20.00% VAT (VAT):
?14.12
Total:
?84.73

Drove her about 20 miles today as went shopping with my mum to Cirencester - really enjoyed the drive :)

Went through the valve clearances again.
I replaced the springs last year due to a known high risk failure rate and despite setting them as per factory I always thought the valve train was noisier than I would like.
After re-doing it again today I am much happier.
And it helped me reach a conclusion!

Went through the valve clearances again.
I replaced the springs last year due to a known high risk failure rate and despite setting them as per factory I always thought the valve train was noisier than I would like.
After re-doing it again today I am much happier.
And it helped me reach a conclusion!
What was the conclusion?

Well - there are two options - guess which one? :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Worked on the Fiesta today. First thought it was an oil leak, the garage said it was the rocker cover gasket. So that was simple enough to change, done that in like 10mins. However still an oil leak further down the block. but its not as bad as the diesel leak. Blooming fuel pump is leaking. Thought i found the pipe giving the leak nut its just above the bit you cannot get too. Gonna have to whip the pump out to give it a look, but have to get a 2nd handy pump from the scrap yard, some sort of seal gone, doesn't appear to be pipes. just a pain as forked out for gearbox and clutch the other month. So far this year, I have spent more on the Fiesta than the Trans-am (excluding fuel)

Erm well covered it in sawdust you may see it Sunday if weather good and pending a family issue . It is different now Dan

Back