vBulletin 4.0

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
At the time of writing this message we have vBulletin 3.8.4, have been waiting for the new upgrade of the talked about vBulletin 4.0. Later on today I will upgrade the forum. This give us even more functionality. :D

Before I upgrade I will check how it all runs, the update was released yesterday evening. So not many people have it up and running yet. :eek:

The forum had some downtime for less than 2 hours today while I was trying to upgrade the forum, didn't have much luck, so reverted to the previous install.

The new version is 4.0beta3, its not a full release, hense no install/upgrade instructions.

May give it another go later if I can find a definate reason why it failed.

Well new forum is uploaded, I will need to do some tweaks.
The update didn't go without a hickup. It left me trying to figure it out for around 2 hours. Someone else had a simular problem during the install, and asked a question on the vBulletin forum, which got answered after I said I was having troubles too.

I'll sort out colours and logo soon.

Using 'Quick reply' here as 'Reply to thread' does not seem to work. Font is very small and being an 'Old stick in the mud' prefer the previous format. Just my opinion at this time.....My eyes are now hurting from trying to read wat itipe sow pease exkuse ani errrrrorers in what itink im tipping*

Using 'Quick reply' here as 'Reply to thread' does not seem to work. Font is very small and being an 'Old stick in the mud' prefer the previous format. Just my opinion at this time.....My eyes are now hurting from trying to read wat itipe sow pease exkuse ani errrrrorers in what itink im tipping*

a tip for you click ctri hold it and use you wheel on you mouse move slow some time web pages are to small as im 28'' sceen is set to 1920x1200 lol

I'll have a tinker with font size, this is the default supplied with the new forum.

When I clicked on 'Reply to Thread' it took me to the bottom of the page, where the Quick reply lives. There must be a reason why vBulletin done this, perhaps people gave feed back saying it was good to be a be able to see the posts you were replying to.

I'm sure we will get used to it, many other forums will look similar eventually when they upgrade.

a tip for you click ctri hold it and use you wheel on you mouse move slow some time web pages are to small as im 28'' sceen is set to 1920x1200 lol

Thanks for the tip, works well.

Dan, where have all the smillies gone?

would be nice if they were on the quick reply part wouldn't it.
I found if I click on Reply the the persons post, then reply again, it goes to the regular edit page with smiles. Alternatively, click on 'Go Advanced' next to 'Post Quick Reply'.
However I agree it not easy to get smiles, they should be there when you click on Reply, but they are not. :glare:

Have logged a fault with vBulletin.

I can enable and disable the quick reply feature, but I can also choose the features of Quick Reply, just having the font control buttons able etc. however when i change these features they have no effect.

So I disabled the quick reply, and then when you click on Reply to Thread it replys with Quote, which it shouldn't do.

I'll keep ya posted with the outcome.

They have replied already, wow they are quick, however they have only replied with a question.

Preferred the old new forum personally. You just get used to one then you gotta get used to another one. Had my signature pic etc all sorted and now all over the show. Anyway had a moan Grrr!!!! Ok wheres me Smilies????

Preferred the old new forum personally. You just get used to one then you gotta get used to another one. Had my signature pic etc all sorted and now all over the show. Anyway had a moan Grrr!!!! Ok wheres me Smilies????

Sorry for all the changes. When we got the new forum it was an older one, they were going to release this one for some time. This will be the last major change for some time. Its a free upgrade which will give us more features which isn't enabled just yet.

After being in the forum for a few hours I'm getting use to it. Things that were there before are still there, just shuffled around abit.

Have rearranged you signature, does it look okay now?

The smilies are there if you click on 'Go Advanced', dont be worried about the title, that is misleading, basically it means reply to post (I don't know why they didn't write that on it)

Its getting there. Think of this forum as a training ground, many other forums will do the upgrade eventually. Once you are whizzy on this one you will be comfortable on the others.

Ok i am happy now i found the smilies and my pic is not all over the place. Cheers Dan

Dan what are you trying to do to me, totally confused now so I guess I wont be posting too often till I get the hang of it and have a few lessons, Not happy mummy jan, Its all too technical for me xxx lol xxx

Yay you found the smilies.
You will get use to it, you posted twice there in a short time, so i can see you are getting quicker.
This should be the last major change for some time. We will have even more features, although many of them will be outside of the forum area, so you need not worry.
Oh, Tell Steve he TomTom is feeling better.

Just checking posts and that all work, have upgraded the MySQL database backend from version 4.0.18-nt to 5.0.67-community-nt.
Transferred data and structure from old database to a shiny new database, and all seems good so far. YAY!! :punk:

Ignore the new button labeled 'Home' on the menu to the left of Forum, this is giving me problems at the moment and currently displays an error message if clicked. on.

Is it just me or is this forum a lot slower????. I have no problem with any other applications.

Back