UK Power Tour 2014

There is a couple of main brands for tuning/logging software. EFI Live and HPTuners. I did have a demo of EFI Live many years ago, probably back in 2005. I decided to go down the HP tuner route in that same year, and stuck with it. I have a custom OS in the ECU now which enabled me to have more resolution on the MAP scale.
Its always good to chat to others about tuning, in fact I've never been able to chat to anyone in the UK. Its all been on forums. I have many years of data logs, and copies of all I've done. I feel quite up to speed on it, and how to tune, but its always great to share. I even put in a gear change pop out the exhaust effect, which I've taken out for now.

Ah very cool, yes it will be interesting to get a few heads together there is always room for learning for everyone!

Tuning is a dark art too, something which I myself haven't gotten involved with yet!

Its fun too, you are adding a bit of personality to the car. Creating the way it performs, not only all out power, but the way it idle's. I've aimed for a low idle, and played with the timing to make it lumpy like an old school V8.
Yes it will be great to get a few heads together with the same interest, even if the tools are different, still reading the same sensors and modifying the same tables.

Well we are nearly up to 100 cars now! Confirmed room for 200 on the tour with dedicated race slots and pits! Be very interesting to see how many cars finish!

Dosn't look like i will be able to make this as hopeing to be spending time on my new toy , Hope you all have a good time i know the video's and write will be worth waiting for..

I'm planning on get a camera hooked up in the Camaro to film it.....very much looking forward to this weekend! Shame you can't make it though Darren :(

Race numbers can be found at the below link!

There is still plenty of time for more sign ups but we do have to cap numbers eventually so everyone can race at each track.

We are looking into getting vinyl race numbers printed up if it is financially viable for us.

http://www.v8uk.co.uk/uk-power-tour-entrants

ooh, I like the colour of the 85 Camaro PT1437

I'm PT1479, Sarah you are PT1481.

I wonder what PT1496 has in it, or is it standard?

Roll on May!!! It's going to be a fantastic weekend!!

I'd like to think it's standard.....can't imagine it will be though?? There are quite a few cars in the same category as me so should be very interesting!

I wonder if you'll get to go up the strip at the same time as Ron in his Willys :D

you're in the same category as the BMW 4x4.
I'm sadly in the same category as Ron with his Willis coupe with a pair of turbos large enough to suck up small children. I'm sure he will be doing 7 second runs.

Ah but will he still be going by the end of the tour! :fencing:

Maybe I'll get involved with this next year, when hopefully I'll actually have some power lol

Hopeing to tag along to one of the events for this for a bit of fun and suport ,

Here’s The Secret To Winning A Drag Race
[video=youtube;elzmL96BRWo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elzmL96BRWo[/video]
I wonder how many people will try this mod. It seems to work very well.

Here’s The Secret To Winning A Drag Race
I wonder how many people will try this mod. It seems to work very well.

At first I thought they were holding a broom, and we all know that stealing your mother-in-laws transport is just gonna end in trouble!! :sorcerer:
Then I realised it was a paddle and that I'm up s**t creek without one when my wife reads this!!!!! :doh:

Last edited:
At first I thought they were holding a broom, and we all know that stealing your mother-in-laws transport is just gonna end in trouble!! :sorcerer:
Then I realised it was a paddle and that I'm up s**t creek without one when my wife reads this!!!!! :doh:

Just wait until we get home tonight............. :devil2:

Back