UK Power Tour 2014

sarah

Club Photographer
UK Power Tour 2014.

24th-26th May 2014.

Saturday 24th May - Rye Mini Drag Strip
Sunday 25th May - Shakespeare County Raceway
Monday 26th May - York Raceway

Uk's answer to the American Drag Week! V8s, Muscle Cars, Daily Drives, Pro Street and any other street legal cars in a multi day multi drag strip racing event!

All organised by V8UK.

Please email: ukpt@v8uk.co.uk with the following details.

Full Name
Vehicle Year
Vehicle Make
Vehicle Model
Number Of Cylinders
1 Photo Of Your Car (side on preferable)

Registration will close 8 weeks before the start of the event.

The Rules:

For the first ever event we are keeping this simple:
- MOT & Tax
- Street Tyres
- Valid Insurance
- 1 Run at each strip qualifies you in the event
- Fastest timing slip of the day to be handed in
- No Bikes
- No Trade Plates
- No Rental Cars
- No Support Vehicles
- Pump Gas Only (If you can find it at a petrol station you can stick it in)
- Equipment rules apply to street and strip

We will be running 2 classes only:

- 4&6 Cylinder cars
- 8+ Cylinder cars

The Leader board:

Average time of all runs (fastest of each day) over the weekend will get you ranked on the leader board.
As this is the first event and we are attending RWYB days we can't run brackets and so on.

This is an endurance event which is meant to be fun for all involved, with the hope that in 2015 drag strips will get behind us we may be able to delve deeper into the worlds of bracket racing and dividing up the cars into smaller classes to give everyone a shot at the title!

We have now also arranged dedicated time slots at York & Shakey to ensure everyone gets as many runs as possible in.

Here are photos of just some of the 70+ entrants for next year's UK Power Tour!!

Insane Creations.jpg

Chrysler.jpg

Monaro.jpg

Graham Smith.jpg

Truck.jpg

Ford.jpg

Nick Rose.jpg

Russell Stableford.jpg

UK Power Tour 2014!

This event is open to all cars! (not just V8s this time!)

They have Drag Week in America, now we bring you the UK POWER TOUR, from May 24th to May 26th 2014

This event will continue to grow after the first year so we can build it up bigger and bigger, but to start with this is a 3 day event including racing on 3 drag strips, and taking in 350 miles of open road to ensure your car really is a street legal machine.

More details will come soon, keep an eye on American Car Magazine and HOT ROD Magazine for the scoop.

In the meantime, we?re maintaining a facebook page for the latest developments.

If you think your car is up to the challenge, send through your name, car year, make and model, along with a photo (profile shot ideally) to ukpt@v8uk.co.uk and we?ll get you on the list!

A quick snap shot of the cars which have signed up so far!

That was really amazing and I wish I've been there to watch it personally.
This is for an event next year, so you can be there. :) Nice 60's Camaro, is that yours?
However if you have just signed up to the forum to advertise selling cars in Brighton then your signature will be removed. Feel free to be a part of the car club community, but we do get a lot of people posting random messages to advertise their signature, and these do get deleted along with the user.
Have a nice day :)

This is for an event next year, so you can be there. :) Nice 60's Camaro, is that yours?
However if you have just signed up to the forum to advertise selling cars in Brighton then your signature will be removed. Feel free to be a part of the car club community, but we do get a lot of people posting random messages to advertise their signature, and these do get deleted along with the user.
Have a nice day :)

Thank you for sharing the event's details. I thought it was finished. :)
Anyways, I am sharing the details that might someone wanted to find cars in their area. :)

Yep, sounds good to me :)
Looking forward to the power tour. I'm certainly keen on it, and it will be funds dependent. I need to park the trans-am up and not keep using it to save a bit of fuel. I was spending ?700 a month on fuel, and got it down to about ?160, plus fuel in the fiesta, so I need to get saving and the power tour is certainly worth saving for.

I get my bonus that month so I'll be fine for fuel ;) It's the same weekend as Main Event at Santa Pod but I'm more than likely going to do this :)

Last edited:
Feel free to sign on all! Nothing is set in stone, you don't have to leave a deposit so if you can't make it just let us know 8 weeks before the event and we can take you off the list! :D

Press release going out in Hot Rod Magazine and American Car Magazine next month! :D :D :D

I have a few questions, What is the cost for this event? I guess there is entry fee's for each drag strip. Are we staying over night in hotel's, if so, do you suggest some local to the drag strips?

What the safety rules on the tracks? as I've never been before, if you are in the 13's you gotta wear a helmet? if you are in the 11's you need a driveshaft safety loop? or something like that?

Last edited:
Hi Dan,

In terms of entry it is standard RWYB prices at each strip, the only venue we are waiting for prices back on are Shakey to get in.

Southern Counties Raceway:
Drivers ?10
Spectators ?5

Shakespeare County Raceway:
Camping TBC
Entry TBC
Track Fee ?25

York Raceway:
Camping ?5 per person
Entry ?12.50 per person
Track Fee ?30

Helmets are required at every strip so it is advisable to purchase your own before hand. http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/helmets

offer some very good priced helmets so there is no need to spend big money.

There is no need for any other safety equipment as long as your car is road legal which is should be to enable you to enter this event. :D

If you are not up for camping then it is down to individuals to find hotels near each strip. We are staying at each strip the night BEFORE we race then after a days racing it's a drive to the next strip to set up camp!

I've got a helmet already :) and I've sent my email off so I'm coming along too! We need some more V6's to come along now!!

I've got a helmet already :) and I've sent my email off so I'm coming along too! We need some more V6's to come along now!!
I expect there will be many races, and I'm hoping one of them will be against you.

I hope we get the chance to race each other.....even though I know who will win lol.

Well, it's confirmed I'm on the list and I'm the 3rd V6 on the list and 3rd female racer......we need more :D

Come on then, surely there has to be a few more Renegades up for this challenge!

I might be able to come along for one of the 3 days if that helps with numbers ??????????????

I can do the one day tour most likey :biggrin1:lol

I'm just hoping something doesn't fall off my car. I'm gonna have to give it a good check over before the tour. also need to get my Wideband gauge working more reliably. It connects to the fuse box at the base of the door pillar. I think a wire may have come loose. I also plan on data logging the runs and maybe do a bit of tweaking, so this gauge is very much needed for that.

What do you use for logging data? EFI Live? I know James uses that on his Monaro (LS2 motor) so assume it is pretty much the same for the LS1?

He might be able to give you advice too (if you need it) also a guy called Richard Ingram who is going in a 4th gen Camaro (LS1) is UK dealer for EFI live and really knows his tuning stuff!

Thats sounds interesting about tuning/data logging,

Back