Tesla charging issues

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
A tesla server went down meaning tesla apps couldn't talk and then you can't charge your tesla car.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/02/14/tesl...-some-drivers-unable-to-charge-cars-18282364/

I guess the server is required for billing reasons. But a bit of a pain. You have all the hardware, but because some server on the other side of the world can't say you can charge, then it won't charge.

Are we going forward in technology or backwards?

Crazy world we live in its getting worse. We are relying on electric to much. No power can't charge phones kids screaming and shouting can't use phone Internet down. Go and find something else to do you lazy little shit sorry rant over.

What about when the hackers start getting into the Internet side of things in the cars??????

Crazy world we live in its getting worse. We are relying on electric to much. No power can't charge phones kids screaming and shouting can't use phone Internet down. Go and find something else to do you lazy little shit sorry rant over.

What about when the hackers start getting into the Internet side of things in the cars??????
Interesting, I have built in SatNav on my (Daily) car, does that count as Internet?

Interesting, I have built in SatNav on my (Daily) car, does that count as Internet?
It probably dosnt connect to the internet. Used satellites for location, no 2 ways comms there. Now if it picking up live traffic info, and maps get updated, then the car must have a sim card to go online to get that info.

Read an article today that all new BMWs will have heated seats but you have to pay a £10 a month subscription per month to enable them. Plus talks of having 90% performance unless you pay a subscription to enable full power. What is the world coming to.

Thanks for that, not had the car long enough to know if it updates by itself and most of the time I know where I'm going so don't have it on. The manual for the 'Navigation' is like 'War and peace' so havn't read that much of it.

BMW must be in some financial trouble to resort to those tactics!

Last edited:
Just another way to make money.

With all this IT (information technology) they can track you

With all this tec out there younger generation can't think for them self's if computer dosnt tell them what to do they go to peices

When this happened, Tesla owners experienced a disruption in service as they were unable to charge their cars. The outage was caused by an issue with the server supporting Tesla's apps and services, which meant that communication between its various components was not possible. This prevented owners from being able to access their vehicles or control them remotely using their app. It also caused the company's charging infrastructure to become unavailable.

Tesla released a statement apologizing for the outage and worked quickly to resolve the issue. The company has since put in place measures to help prevent similar outages from occurring again so that customers can continue to enjoy their vehicles without disruption.

Back