Southsea Cruise 19th May

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Last edited:
Not bowling tonight so may make it down to the cruise, first time for a while, was planning on Haying but will wait and see what the weather is like later on. What does it cost to park at the car park these days (Shillings or pounds)?

I think most of us try and get away with not getting a ticket and keep an eye out for the warden, but otherwise the costs are:

• Up to 1 hour ?1.60
• Up to 2 hours ?2.80
• Up to 3 hours ?3.90
• Up to 4 hours ?4.80
• Up to 6 hours ?6.50
• Up to 8 hours ?8.50
• All day ?12.00

Got it from Clarence Pier car park

How did the cruise go? Sorry we couldn't make it, the Transam got sick around the corner from home.

Trans am is fixable, a bolt has fallen out which hold the support rubber bush between the transmission and diff, the noise was the driveshaft rubbing, sounded aweful like the rear end had no oil and bearings were dry. Good job it wasn't that. Has a recovery vehicle follow me home with his lights on, doing like 10mph.
I was well looking forward to the cruise, good job I broke down near home. What was the other car that had troubles?

so what did we think of the route people ??????????

Not done the cruise for two or three years but the route seemed pretty good. I overheard someone after the cruise say that it was good as no traffic lights were not involved. Also, I was impressed by other (Non cruising) drivers including taxi drivers flashing us out to try and keep us altogether. Lots of people tacking vids and pics which was nice.

Last edited:
Looks like the route has gone down well. Was it the same as April? if so I'll adjust the map in case people want to download it.

The noise from my car, which is why i couldn't make it :(
[video=youtube;gTQtGy-zaKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gTQtGy-zaKU[/video]
Nursed it home at 10mph, with a recovery vehicle following me. It was the pressed metal that connects the transmission and rear end together, dropped and rubbing on the driveshaft.

Glad Osbourne Road is back in the route .. giving more people the chance to admire and appreciate the vehicles .. and its nice to see their faces as we go past ... if i was an onlooker it would make my day !

so what did we think of the route people ??????????

Was it the same route as what we did after the season opener? If so, it was great :) less traffic lights was good and more driving going on so I'm happy! Gutted we didn't make it though.

yes it was same april cruise and was a lot more people out last nite

I enjoyed the new route, last cruise I attended was the old route quite a while back!
Welcome back to the forum, havn't seen you on here for a while.
Glad you like the new route. It seems to work well and many people like it. I do like going past the shops on Osborne road. Loads of people on the sides of the road turning to watch us go past :)

Welcome back to the forum, havn't seen you on here for a while.
Glad you like the new route. It seems to work well and many people like it. I do like going past the shops on Osborne road. Loads of people on the sides of the road turning to watch us go past :)

Have only just got back into the swing of things :) got myself a 3rd Gen Camaro to play with now!

The new route definitely shows off the cars a bit better!!

Hi, I'm new here! Been enjoying watching your Pompey Cruises over the past few summers, I've seen plenty of them over the years and enjoyed seeing some great cars drive past - both old classics and muscle cars like Trans-Ams and Mustangs.

I haven't got a nice American ride myself (yet), but I'm definitely planning to get myself one over the next couple of years.

What prompted me to join the forums was to ask about the Fall Guy truck I've seen posted in this topic in your video (2nd car at 13 seconds): Solent Renegades Pompey Cruise19 May 2013 - YouTube

Unfortunately I missed it last Sunday. I'm a big Fall Guy fan and would LOVE to see this pick-up truck, I'm sooooooooo disappointed I didn't get to see it...

I have never seen this car as part of your cruise before. Is this a new member, and if so does anyone know if he/she's coming to the next cruise or any other meet/event soon?

Thanks for your help and congrats on the coolest car club in the South! :)

Unfortunately I missed it last Sunday. I'm a big Fall Guy fan and would LOVE to see this pick-up truck, I'm sooooooooo disappointed I didn't get to see it...
Hi and welcome you the forum, yes he is a new chap called Andy, I've not met him myself. I know 'matt 103' has been talking to him. I will see what info I can find out.

Last edited:
Have only just got back into the swing of things :) got myself a 3rd Gen Camaro to play with now!

The new route definitely shows off the cars a bit better!!

Another 3rd gen to add to the club :D!!

Back