Recycling center dosn't recycle glass bottles

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Needed to pop to Waterlooville recycling center today. Old carpet, old car cover, old hoover vacuum cleaner sheet of glass.
Also took a bag of glass bottles, the recycling center is sure to have a bottle recycling bin. Nope it goes in the bin of items to burn.
How can a recycling center be called a recycling center that dosn't recycle glass bottles. Found this odd.

Odd indeed however, there is a bottle bank in ASDA's carpark and near the Falcon pub at the bottom of Sunymead Drive.

Odd indeed however, there is a bottle bank in ASDA's carpark and near the Falcon pub at the bottom of Sunymead Drive.
Yes true I was going to go to the asda one on the way to GoodWillies. I would have felt better putting them in a bottle bank, I should have put them back in the car.

they don't take them at the dump near me [segensworth] i was told to take them to a bottle bank.

Out here I'm under Winchester council and they collect glass every fourth week bin day.

Out here I'm under Winchester council and they collect glass every fourth week bin day.
Seen people put bottles out in Rowlands castle too, dont know what council thy come under. Their Green and Black bins are also reversed to Havant council.

A quick search reveals 'East Hampshire' council covers Rowlands Castle.

Needed to pop to Waterlooville recycling center today. Old carpet, old car cover, old hoover vacuum cleaner sheet of glass.
Also took a bag of glass bottles, the recycling center is sure to have a bottle recycling bin. Nope it goes in the bin of items to burn.
How can a recycling center be called a recycling center that dosn't recycle glass bottles. Found this odd.
I had exactly the same last weekend ironically. Agreed, it seems strange they don't recycle glass there. The guy there said they used to but now don't. He did tell me where the nearest bottle bank was (Asda Waterlooville), or I could simply dump the bottles in the household waste bin, which is what I did as I was busy. But it wasn't many bottles and we normally always recycle our glass.

Back