ranchero transmission

Anymore done to box ??

thumbnail_IMG_20220918_172754.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20220918_173254.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20220917_180349.jpg

this is as far as i have got. i am now waiting for the new shift solenoid to arrive, it must be coming the long way as all the other bits are here.
2nd picture i had to order another filter as i have a larger aftermarket sump the one in the rebuild kit wont reach the bottom
2 replacement valves for the valve body should help improve line pressure
if the 2 bits turn up on time i should be able to refit the transmission next weekend

Wo w. Thanks ranchero. The looks so clean now and some nice new parts as well. What oil you going to be using?
Redline. Royal purple. Classic EP85. 90. Or your own redneck brew lol😁

That's going to look like new.

one happy Ford owner

How much damage was there done to the box Martyn or was it just the clutches and what was the cause in the first place.

mick i found 2 worn clutch packs. i also think one of the valves in the valve body is in the wrong way round. often manuals read take note of how you strip it and reassemble the same way. when putting away the paperwork away i noticed some thine that making me doubt my own work so i am going to pull the valve body to check.

job done. yes the valve was in the wrong way around. should all be ok now not tried it yet as i ran out of time.

Did it get you home okay? Still running smoother then ever?

Back