ranchero transmission

renchero

the day started well driving along the M27 to go Petersfield only doing about 60 [ish] them suddenly i am in neutral doing 6000 RPM and slowing down. managed to roll along off motorway at exit 12. i got 1st ,2nd and nothing. slow going home. surprising how long some people will follow you when you are only doing 15 MPH.
took the transmission out this afternoon and put it on a stand oil looks a bit grubby not stripped it yet its just stood on end draining
intrertwit says problem is stub shaft or direct clutch drum. is this right, maybe i will find out tomorrow.

Screenshot_20220829_225341_com.android.chrome.jpg

Might find info on this forum??

Wow you got the transmission out quick. The grubby oil, do you tihnk something let go in the gearbox, or could it be just old oil?
Hopefully its nothing too major,

it would be good if it was as simple as a bad linkage. that sadly is all good. part stripped the box today found lots of muck but have not yet found out why. the content of that bowl should be red

thumbnail_IMG_20220830_120215.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20220830_120220.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20220830_120210.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20220830_120231.jpg

Looks like it has one of these games built in.
1661862078488.png

wow , thanks for photos (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

internal oil ways blocked? strange that you lost some gears thats what made me think linkage, looking forward to next update

Anymore update??

not much to report ,work gets in the way. managed to clean a few bits. found some badly worn clutch plates . will need to find out why that happened not stripped the valve block yet maybe more pictures next time

Any update????

found nothing but worn clutch plates. i think they are the wrong ones, too thin. some of the clutch plates in a AODE are thicker than the plates in a 4R70W mine is bits of both. i have also ordered a new pressure regulating valve and a new boost valve. so just a waiting game now till the parts turn up. just paid the government bribe to let me have the first lot which is odd as i thought i paid that up front.

And gaskets don't forget gaskets...

If you done rockauto then it's all paid for unless you chose a carrier that dosnt pay state side or its alot of valve in money.?????

Don't forget also pictures pictures and more pictures lol. Oh and cables might need adjusting unless it's hydraulic???

thumbnail_IMG_20220909_150826.jpg
IMG_20220909_150841.jpg

got some goodies today ordered from summit racing 6 days ago

the second picture, the thing hanging on the hook is a new bracket to fix the original gear selector to a non original gearbox. the old one was a bit crude and i was bored.

Are yes summit yes pay taxes in UK doh. Just think you help the UK with all there debt lol. Lol. 😁🇬🇧.
Let the fun begin with putting it all back together. Remember the rules lol

don't know why those last 2 picture's came out different size's. they were taken at the same time with my phone and put on here together ?

think its classed as a thumb nail and you forgot to click full image on upload or you thought you did but didnt lol but think dan might expalin better than me? but keep up the good work

IMG_20220910_132005.jpg

not finished but it's as far as i can go. need some more bits. a solenoid as i can not strip it to clean and a wiring loom as the plug is leaking and 2 new valves

Like your redneck engineering for a G clamp lol. Don't forget oil and gasket oh and new filter lol

the day started well driving along the M27 to go Petersfield only doing about 60 [ish] them suddenly i am in neutral doing 6000 RPM and slowing down. managed to roll along off motorway at exit 12. i got 1st ,2nd and nothing. slow going home. surprising how long some people will follow you when you are only doing 15 MPH.
took the transmission out this afternoon and put it on a stand oil looks a bit grubby not stripped it yet its just stood on end draining
intrertwit says problem is stub shaft or direct clutch drum. is this right, maybe i will find out tomorrow.
Hope it’s not to bad martin , are they pressure sensitive like the AOD I got from you, you have to set it at 35 psi with the setup spacer

Like your redneck engineering for a G clamp lol. Don't forget oil and gasket oh and new filter lol
its based on something i saw being used by"professionals"on the intertwit it fits in a machine mart engine stand. standing the box on it's end makes it easier to build. easy to make no idea where or how much to buy.
Hope it’s not to bad martin , are they pressure sensitive like the AOD I got from you, you have to set it at 35 psi with the setup spacer
basically the same box but the pressure is not controlled by a cable it uses electronics. i must have lost pressure as i found worn out clutches.

Back