Possible Email problem

chris68coupe

Super Moderator
If anyone out there knows my personal Email address, can they please send me a 'Test' Email?

I don't think I'm receiving at this time as I have not had Email notifications on a few threads of new posts.

Please post on here if you have sent one.

Many thanks

If you got a smart phone chris send yourself a e mail and see if you get it ? the notification e mails from SR i never get,

Not got a 'Smart phone' so not an option. Thanks for the tip.

Test email sent at 20:04, 21st May 2023.

Thanks Dan, not received so will have to try something else. I've not made any changes to system or settings so will double check every thing I can.

Just sent another test email from my Gmail account. My other email would have come from the same Server the Renegades thread updates come from.

Not received that one either, will check settings later.

Do your e mails work generally? Is it just the SR e mail you don't get?

It just stopped working, I'm not receiving any emails.

OK, I found I could send but not receive. I think it's a security issue. When I click on 'Get mail' a message comes up about Certificates and I should not allow the override. All this is beyond me, what's to do? Am I being too cautious?

I am with 'Thunderbird' if that helps.

You need brains to help lol.🤣 Thunderbird ref.

Email settings for TalkTalk.
1684912863124.png

For incomming I'm not sure if you have opted for IMAP or POP3. The main difference is IMAP leaves the messages on the server(useful if you have multiple deviced connected, like phone, PC etc..) POP3 picks up the emails from the server and removes them from the server, so only a local copy exist on your computer or phone.

For the security stuff, it means you are trying to connect on a different security protocol to what is allowed. TalkTalk does offer SSL, this uses a security certificate. This is what was popping up and an error as it didn't match.

In Thunderbird, click on the cog in the bottom left, then onto account settings.
1684913077013.png

Then click on server settings. My email server is different, but the main thins is the Connection Security, check it is set to SSL/TLS, if it is, try the other two to see if they work, NONE is no encryption at all, which is probably fine on a cable network as a test.
1684913420084.png

The Connection Security setting should be the key to the fix for this.

Changed the security setting to SSL/TLS but still not working. Not had much time today so will try and change the other settings tomorrow.

That's what the forum is for lol (y)

meta universe will get you next or will it be AI lol:eek:

Back