Possible 6th Gen Camaro

What do you think?

• Total voters

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Do you like the idea of the next-gen Camaro styling based on the third gen cars, or are you over the whole "retro" thing?
555864_10151657745897135_816285914_n.jpg
The modern/retro look.

The 1970s were an awful time for American muscle cars, and unlike Ford and Chrysler, GM simply stayed the course, with the second-generation Camaro stretching from 1970 to 1981. Then in 1982 GM introduced a cutting-edge Camaro that was drastically different from the car it replaced. In the interceding decades, the 3rd generation Camaros have earned a reputation as bargain muscle cars, just waiting for an engine swap to wipe away the number “305″ from memory.

While the 1982 to 1992 Camaros may not have been performance juggernauts, it was a major sales success for GM. The 3rd generation Camaro also served as the influence for this series of next-gen Camaro design sketches, which were part of a contest held by GM for students at the College of Creative Studies.

The third-generation Camaros were some of the best years GM would have for their muscle car in terms of popularity, and it was also a big step forward in terms of design. Like the Mustang, the Camaro threw off the shackles of the 1970s with a design that was completely distinct from its predecessors. That could be a good direction for the 2017 Camaro as well, which will follow up the combination modern/retro look of the current Camaro.

Hmmmmmm.........I don't know what to say about this?? I can see third gen in it but it's all too modern and rubbish looking!

This is taking the retro look too far....a 3rd gen should stay a 3rd gen a classic...

If its made out of plastic, I'd get one for Sarah, less rust to battle with. :)

Better buy sarah a MUSTANG then Dan loads of plastic:wave:

Back