Portsmouth Summer Show 30th April - 1st May

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Had this email come in.
I am writing to you as we were in touch last Summer in regards to involving Solent Renegades in Portsmouth Summer Show. We are beginning to look at this years event, after last years success and I was hoping we can potentially involve you this time if it is something you would still be interested in being involved with.

I know last time we were unable to go ahead due to attendance numbers etc. so I just wanted to reach out in plenty of time. My only concern is we may still be unable to go ahead due to space/vehicle movement as we are still in the early stages of planning. However, I still thought it would be worth getting in touch to register your initial interest.

This year the event is taking place between the 30th April-1st May and once again it will be on King George V Playing Fields in Cosham. The event is a family event with kids activities, stalls, and popular acts on the stage. This is a link to our website for last years event (it will be updated shortly): Portsmouth Summer Show.

Who would be interested in doing this? I'm up for it for one of the days, its early stages, they just after an idea of numbers at the mo to know if its a viable things to go ahead with.

Yeah could be good. It is a music festival type thing. They are after a few cars as a side attraction.

I think 10 cars would be the most appropriate for Portsmouth Summer Show. In answer to your question yes of course we can work together on the planning of it.

I believe it would be best to have an area with the cars cordoned off with at least one member from the club being with the cars at all times.

The site is secure so you would be able to leave the cars overnight,however, will you need them to leave the site each day? We can't have vehicle movement on site during the event due to health and safety. However, we may be able to position you towards the kids area/activities which are open 11AM-6PM and so we should be able to let the cars leave the site at around 7PM each day.

I'm thinking of just doing the Saturday as other events are on the Sunday. So any takers for the Saturday?

sat sounds good to me

Yes, I think the time span may put of a lot of people. Hoping we can still get up to 10 down there though. Matt lives around the corner, we could nip to his for a cuppa :)

yeah I can do the Saturday ... and isn't the Monday a bank holiday? mustang-dragon-fire-red-full-wrap_24763720629_o.jpg

Yes the 2nd is May Day :)

We have a good list of cars now, we were aiming for 10 and I think we are pretty much there.

They will be promoting out attendance, they have out logo and a bit about the club. Awesome to get out name out there, very nice of them to do this.

The event is paid entry. Website is £10 per person. They have been most kind and each car gets 2 free tickets, yes FREE! so you can get a passenger in. Very kind of them to do that too. They will need a list of names for accreditation as they will all receive wristbands as opposed to tickets. I'll get this sorted later. We have a list of cars on this forum and Faceache. Its looking like the event will happen and we can show off our cars at this event.

Thanks to all that have replied to this thread and facebook. :)

We have a good list of cars now, we were aiming for 10 and I think we are pretty much there.

They will be promoting out attendance, they have out logo and a bit about the club. Awesome to get out name out there, very nice of them to do this.

The event is paid entry. Website is £10 per person. They have been most kind and each car gets 2 free tickets, yes FREE! so you can get a passenger in. Very kind of them to do that too. They will need a list of names for accreditation as they will all receive wristbands as opposed to tickets. I'll get this sorted later. We have a list of cars on this forum and Faceache. Its looking like the event will happen and we can show off our cars at this event.

Thanks to all that have replied to this thread and facebook. :)
I think the Sunday 1st May is breakfast club at Goodwood with convertible as the theme, I would like to come along after the breakfast club meet. TS

I think the Sunday 1st May is breakfast club at Goodwood with convertible as the theme, I would like to come along after the breakfast club meet. TS
Your right, there are many things going on on the Sunday. Although the Portsmouth Summer Show is a weekend event, we are only attending the Saturday.

Okay the list of who has confirmed recently....

Dan Potter 2000 Pontiac Trans-Am
Matt Hosey 90's Day Dan
Barry Hosey 90's day Van
Jason Austin Allegro Police Car
Mark Heiford 2005 Chicargo Police Traffic Car
Jenie Penfold 90's mustang
Derek Penfold 90's Day Van
Geoff Moss Ford cortina 1600gt 2 door
Geoff Moss friend Ford anglia custom

Ones who are interested, but need to hear back to check.
Jace Red Mustang
David luck Morris traveller

Pretty good line up.
Nice day for it too. Soo much here.
IMAG1912.jpg
IMAG1913.jpg
IMAG1914.jpg

Cleaned my tail pipes too...
IMAG1916.jpg
IMAG1915.jpg

Enjoy the day. Look forward to seeing pics later :)

All i can see is SR car's where is everyone else????????????????????

It's quite a big event, mainly music, various acts, little stalls, rides. It's a big show that they wanted up to 10 cars, nothing big, just something for the public to view. It's certainly going well. Soo many people asking about the cars, and we look very proper with our gazebo. :)

Back