Manhood Classics Drive it Day 25th April 2021

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Had an email from Les and Maxine at Manhood classics. we attend their annual shows. They are doing a drive it day, which could be limited to historic vehicles, so if you wish to attend please contact them with the email address at the bottom of this post. their email below.

As always we are keeping up with the government guidelines regarding lockdown rules and keeping our fingers crossed that there is a definite light at the end of the tunnel

As we see it, April 12th sees us being able to move around more freely and, whilst still unable to meet in groups of more than 6, we feel that we will be able to go ahead with a No Contact Drive It Day on Sunday 25th April. Full details will be given next month but the intention is that it is run in conjunction with our friends over at Hayling Legends.

The route will start for Manhood members from Fishbourne at 11am (but there will be no actual ‘meet-up’ as such). We will then drive clockwise on the route on the A259 towards Emsworth. Map attached.
We also include in this newsletter, an update from Barry, our events organiser with more details for the Drive It Day in conjunction with the FBHVC.
From 17th May, all being well, a maximum of 30 people will be permitted to meet outside and with this in mind we hope to be able to meet up at East Beach , Selsey on Sunday May 23rd. This date is very much provisional and will be confirmed at the beginning of May.
To date, from June 21st, all legal limits on social contact will be removed. If this goes to plan, we very much hope to arrange some meet up dates.
Please pass info here to anyone who you know may not receive emails.
Cheers for now, Stay safe
Les and Maxine

Manhood Classic Cars

Drive it Day, Sunday April 25th 2021

As many of you will know, The Federation of British Vehicle Clubs (FBHVC) was set up to uphold the freedom to use historic vehicles like ours on the road.
Manhood is one of 500 such clubs across the UK.

Drive it Day is a national event which was first introduced in 2005. This year the FBHVC’s appointed charity is the NSPCC’s Childline.
Manhood, as we have done in previous years, propose to hold the Drive it Day event this year on Sunday 25th April.

With the current pandemic and to meet the government strict conditions the Club propose, together with Hayling Legends to hold a vehicle run following a simple circular route.

Plans are afoot to organise this event for the two Clubs. With this in mind I require to know the numbers of the membership that will be willing to take part. Please let me know by return of email so I can gauge the interest.

In addition, if you would also like to donate towards the NSPCC there are two available options:-

· You can purchase a special FBHVC Rally Plate for drivers to affix to the front of their vehicle on the 25th April. These plates cost £10-00 and are available from www.driveitday.co.uk/shop.

· Or you can purchase one of our own specially prepared adhesive windscreen Rally Plaques for a minimum donation of £2-00.

· To obtain this plaque I will require from you a cheque made payable to me, Barry Twitchen for £2-00 (or a greater amount if you wish) together with an A4 stamped self-addressed envelope for the return of the plaque. The plaque will be posted to you nearer the date.

With both Clubs involved I’m expecting an excellent turnout. This will be the first of many more events which, subject to the government restrictions being lifted, the Club have planned for 2021.

It also allows you to clean off the cobwebs, check the fluids, the battery and drag your prized possession (! careful) from its hibernation into the open and enjoy Drive it Day with likeminded members.

So, please let me know if you are going to attend so I can gauge the response and organise the plaques.

I look forward to your “motorvated” response!

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Many thanks,
Barry (events organiser) Contact details are: Email ,
bj.twitchen@yahoo.com
map did - 1.jpg

Back