Popped up to Auto Pontiac Saturday 11th Nov 2023

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
As part of that Pontiac Owners club they invite me up to a gathering at Auto Pontiac in Hounslow near Heathrow. Free food, good to catch up with a few others.
It's in the ULEZ zone which should cost me £12.50. I have signed up for auto payment. that way I only pay if they see me in the camera. There isn't many working cameras apparently.
Was great to catch up with a few people there. Not as many as previous events.

1000059128.png

1000059127.png

1000059126.png

1000059125.jpg

Last edited:
Roads busy or quieter with ulez

Roads busy or quieter with ulez
The top of the M3 seemed quite clear. Last time I went it was the same time of a rugby match at Twickenham. I don't think I have been often enough to gather info on how the roads usually are before the ULEZ.
There were some awfully high speed humps, and even though my car is higher than before I had a few nasty scrapes. All roads were 20mph. They humps that went all across the road were manageable it was the humps where your wheels go down each side so it can remove your sump pan. All these huge SUVs that mums take their kids to Scheele in didn't even need to slow down for the hump. I went over slower than walking speed using part of the pavement to get round then. If there were less parked cars on the footpath I was considering using that. The roads are not fit for use. It's not slowing down the people they need to slow down.
If I get time later I'll take a look of the scrapes under the car.

Checking my account on TFL it's not showing that it saw me entering the ULEZ zone. Perhaps it takes time. Perhaps cameras were not working on the roads I used.

Back