May drive to Ireland in the T/A

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
I have been invited to a wedding in July over in southern Ireland. I will know a lot of people there as I work with them. I have wanted to drive my car in Ireland for some time now. Often I fly and get a hire car.
Wouldn't it be great to drive the TransAm over there. It would be so different for locals to see. Their tax on engine size is really high, like 2000euros for a 1.3l, so you dont often see many cars bigger.

Fly from Heatrow is around £120 per person, need to drive to Heathrow, taxi or pay to leave the car there. Need to hire a car on the Ireland side.
Taking the car is £200 on the ferry for 2 people and the car which just exceed stheir size for up to 4.71m, or 4.72m to 6m. My car is around 4.92m so need to be in the larger class, atleast I should get a 6m long parking bay. :)

All depends on the dogs and getting someone to look after them. If Sarah is stopping with the dogs then it is more cost effective to fly.

1678802350569.png

On the ferry for around 3h30 hours.
1678802721366.png

Then drive to Ennis.
1678802390719.png

Last edited:
Make a holiday of it, beats working from home , save swmnbo cooking at home ever night lol, and the bonus you get your wish of driving the TA in Ireland

Last edited:
Back