Ordered a car cover

Why don’t you involve trading standards?
The unexpected billing alone would interest them and you would be protecting others.

Reading those reviews you were lucky. How is the quality of the cover? Table cloth or better?
Yes I was lucky. The material is like licra, which is what many other covers are advertised as, nice and soft and fits the car well, the edge stiching is good. I'm happy with the cover, just not happy with how they mislead people.

The trading standards website has a company search, they are not listed on there. The website seems to indicate to contact Citizens Advice, not sure if that is the right direction.

Dan, under Distance Selling Regulations you do have the right to return it. But even if you don't choose that option, I'm sure you can ligitemately complain about the undisclosed charges. I'd say keep on at them. From my experience, Chinese sellers usually respond by offering a part refund. At least, that's what I've found via eBay where you have the clout of leaving bad feedback.

Dan, under Distance Selling Regulations you do have the right to return it. But even if you don't choose that option, I'm sure you can ligitemately complain about the undisclosed charges. I'd say keep on at them. From my experience, Chinese sellers usually respond by offering a part refund. At least, that's what I've found via eBay where you have the clout of leaving bad feedback.
Trouble is I didn't deal with a Chinese company, they appear to be a UK company. If I send it back a refund may not happen and then I have nothing.
I will keep on at them about refunding the customs charge. Not heard back from them yet. Going by the reviews I'm unlikely to hear back. Think that company needs shutting down.

The English company is a front, you are dealing with a Chinese company for sure.
Citizens advice would be a good start, but at the same time talk to trading standards.
I would also go for negative feedback on eBay. May as well hurt them and warn others too.

Trouble is I didn't deal with a Chinese company, they appear to be a UK company. If I send it back a refund may not happen and then I have nothing.
I will keep on at them about refunding the customs charge. Not heard back from them yet. Going by the reviews I'm unlikely to hear back. Think that company needs shutting down.
AT is probably right about it being a Chinese company trying to appear as a UK one. I use eBay a lot and that is very common.
I agree re hitting them with negative feedback, but if they are still trading and you haven't left feedback yet, I would be inclined to hold back on the negative feedback until you are sure you aren't getting anywhere. I've found that they do try to avoid negative feedback where they can and will often yield to avoid it. That's been my experience anyway.
But if they are just ignoring you, go for everything lol

Last edited:
I wonder is they really are in the UK... This could be ammo for trading standards if they are not based here.

Their website is They do have a london phone numbert of 020 33227035. As we know phone numberrs can be forwarded to anywhere.
Their address is:-
71-75, Shelton Street
Covent Garden
London, WC2H 9JQ
United Kingdom

Their contact details page has a registration number with links to “E-World Systems” Limited Registration N: 10386890. Which also have some bad reveiws.

Their website is on a GoDaddy hosting, this is a large hosting company with edge servers around the world, I was hoping an IP address may give me a location, but sadly it will only give me a server nearest to me. www.autocovers.co.uk 88.99.64.145. is coming up with Germany, They do have a French, German and USA office too according to their Contact up page. So so far nothing looking wrong.

71-75 Shelton Street, is somewhere here. It could just be a postal address. Thats a lot of door numbers.
1608108295749.png

I would also go for negative feedback on eBay.
I brought through their website, even if they are on eBay, I didn't buy through eBay so cant give a review on there.

Your picture shows the rear entrance of a building on Long Acre, number 90.

The numbers given are registered to British Conservative Alliance! And can be seen last on the left as you traverse up Shelton Street.

You are really lucky to have received anything!

Don't buy throght e Bay? Generally or do you mean you went direct from there website? I do that sometimes but generally go via e. Bay. The use there customer complaints had results that way and with money back or replaced items

Looks like cusoms fee may be refunded by them.... Just had a message back.
They keep refering that they 'ship internatioanlly', I dont care, I'm in the UK ordered from what I thought to be a UK company.

1608110893415.png

I brought through their website, even if they are on eBay, I didn't buy through eBay so cant give a review on there.
Ah, OK. Sorry, as eBay was mentioned I assumed you had bought the cover on there. I agree with Dave that you have a strong case for trading standards then. You were clearly mislead.

An other responce from them, they say they are arranging payment for refunding the customs charge. :) Fingers crossed it appears.

Last edited:
Good job ;)

Import tax has been refunded.

So although they may be a company that misleads you and may be China based appearing to be UK based. They delivered the goods, satisfactory quality, and refunded the import tax.

To be honest I didn't think I would see that import tax refund.

well done,

Just Don.t let SWMNBO spend it lol,,,

Back