New home

an88fiero

Super Moderator
So, we are moving !!!!!!

Here is the Challengers new home some 2/3rds built

727160C1-32C7-42BA-BFD7-8E3C1C83CB4B.jpg

Wonder why they’re building garage before the house as that’s only a few bricks high - as shown here :)

CFD39FB0-A001-454D-88B0-A039282E74B2.jpg

Won’t be ready to move in until Jan-Mar time depending on any winter delays.

We have a running photo thread going - if you are interested, let me know if you want me to post updates as it goes up :)

Oh and did I say we are very excited :) :)

Wonder why they’re building garage before the house as that’s only a few bricks high - as shown here

building the most important room first ? :behindsofa:

The houses to the side are going to be happy with having the view blockd by a new build. Garage not big enough anyway

The houses behind are also new. It’s a completely new development :).

We have measured the garage and the challenger fits in with room to walk around still :)

Should have requested a pit or 2 or 4 poster lift while they are creating it. lol. Make sure they run some power down there too.

Looking forward to the progress pictures.

Should have requested a pit or 2 or 4 poster lift while they are creating it. lol. Make sure they run some power down there too.

Looking forward to the progress pictures.

I believe there is power and lighting to the garage :)

This is what it is going to look like :)

84AB8F28-C815-4573-A4C1-8E4FE0B16AAD.jpg

Nice, it is soo nice getting a new house. Everything all done, a clean slate for the garden.

Had one a few years back, the area let it down. Had only 1 or 2 parking spaces per house depending on size of house. It was all private estate apart from 2 DHSS in the road, after a few years, it was full of people that didn't work as landlords let them out to council tenants. Soon there were soo many cars in the road parked up on curbs and work vans everywhere, which was a shame as it was a nice area to start with.

Is your new place still in your local area? trips to work still good from there? Sounds good and very exciting for you both. When you said you had 7 months to wait, I wondered if you had little ones on the way. Now we know its the house.

Hopefully the area should stay ok. it’s classed as a village and will be maintained by a company who will look after all the green areas etc. most of the properties are out of the price for buy to let properties :)

Yes it’s still in Swindon. A little further out so should knock 15 mins off Dave’s drive but add 15 mins to my cycle so not too bad :)

When we posted that comment we thought it would start something off - but it didn’t lolol backfired a little bit he he!

The houses behind are also new. It’s a completely new development :).

We have measured the garage and the challenger fits in with room to walk around still :)

That's refreshing for a new development! They're actually now making houses with garages you can fit a modern car in!

And the latest news - we have exchanged contracts with completion on notice so now we sit and wait for it to be fully built - grrrrr - I’m so impatient - hurry up!!!!!! :)

That's refreshing for a new development! They're actually now making houses with garages you can fit a modern car in!

Yep it is surprising - I guess modern cars these days are a little bit bigger :)

Great sounds promising, bet you can't wait.

Doesn’t look as though we are going to have room for our Caratent though so unfortunately that is going to be sold.

BD299DC6-269B-457F-8CF3-760CE59FC38F.jpg

Doesn’t look as though we are going to have room for our Caratent though so unfortunately that is going to be sold.

View attachment 94021

Cool! We go caravanning with friends who have one of those, looks very similar to yours indeed. They call theirs a folding camper, not sure if it's exactly the same thing. I think theirs is made by Conway? They've had some good times in it. Shame you're having to sell yours.
Best of luck with the house, hope you're moved in soon :)

i had one of these once[different make], had some great times in it. plenty of room in it and easy to tow.