New home

So far , all the storage places we have found are neither local or cheap.

That's a pity. We pay what equates to about £35 a month. But I must admit, there aren't many places round here either, we are just lucky this one happens to be quite local. I think some caravan sites offer storage. Might be worth a Google? Although I guess you've been there already?

Move a bit further out of swindon might get more for you money and more land for your toys ,:thumb:

for the gated comunity and ground maintenance do you have to pay a subcribtion?
remember new builds come with 10 or 15 year building federation garentee take pictures when you move in as house is new will dry out and settle to some degree, and any work you do to help with moving in again take pictures as this might effect garrentee,
New builds with have alot of stud walling and sound proofing not as good,
and being new build you should get copies of gas/electrical certs not just the builders. sorry if telling you how to suck eggs but you might forget something in the joyes monet of getting a new build,
what was the land before they built on it,? my old place in worthing was farm land and the river drainage tunnels if you like were made bigger to allow for new builds as land didn't have the sock away fields as it did back then it now has addional 750 houses on it glad to be away from all that concrecte / tarmac people congestion hussle rushing around,

Move a bit further out of swindon might get more for you money and more land for your toys ,:thumb:

for the gated comunity and ground maintenance do you have to pay a subcribtion?
remember new builds come with 10 or 15 year building federation garentee take pictures when you move in as house is new will dry out and settle to some degree, and any work you do to help with moving in again take pictures as this might effect garrentee,
New builds with have alot of stud walling and sound proofing not as good,
and being new build you should get copies of gas/electrical certs not just the builders. sorry if telling you how to suck eggs but you might forget something in the joyes monet of getting a new build,
what was the land before they built on it,? my old place in worthing was farm land and the river drainage tunnels if you like were made bigger to allow for new builds as land didn't have the sock away fields as it did back then it now has addional 750 houses on it glad to be away from all that concrecte / tarmac people congestion hussle rushing around,

Saleen. Don’t worry I did all my checks on the area (and I’ve lived nearly all my life near the area so know what was there before - literally just farmland!) and don’t forget I do Conveyancing for a living :)

We are going to pay for a snagging company to go over the house on completion.

It’s not a gated community - but we will be paying a yearly fee for a company to keep the green areas etc up together :)

Swindon is still fairly cheap compared to the local areas merely because it’s classed as a commuter town. Although figures out today st work says house prices have risen by 5.7% in the last 5 years and the housing market is fairly stable :)

Ok - this is first update I’ve been able to add for a while as nothing has changed at all - not one brick!

Anyway we had a meeting with the developer this morning to pick all the kitchen bits n pieces i.e. wall tiles, floor tiles, cupboard doors and handles and worktops and also bathroom/ensuite wall tiles - it was quite exciting actually. Anyway whilst we were there we had a check on the house build - I wasn’t expecting any further change - but I was pleasantly surprised :)

F46C902A-9F62-46D9-B3F6-4BF7523AB519.jpg

FEA77D69-0EB6-408F-97B3-8ABD0AFED4C4.jpg

2B066B54-2BE4-49FA-8DE6-15A3D6756F70.jpg

08621796-C7D6-4070-8E7D-02B933F3B9A7.jpg

I won’t bore you with the pictures of the tiles etc ;)

Ok - this is first update I’ve been able to add for a while as nothing has changed at all - not one brick!

Anyway we had a meeting with the developer this morning to pick all the kitchen bits n pieces i.e. wall tiles, floor tiles, cupboard doors and handles and worktops and also bathroom/ensuite wall tiles - it was quite exciting actually. Anyway whilst we were there we had a check on the house build - I wasn’t expecting any further change - but I was pleasantly surprised :)

View attachment 94037

View attachment 94038

View attachment 94039

View attachment 94040

I won’t bore you with the pictures of the tiles etc ;)

Nice one. Looks like its coming together nicely. Concrete blocks do seem to go up quite quickly. I remember when I built my garage many Moons ago it was surprisingly quick to build. That's only single walled though and a lot less complex than a dwelling.

We got scaffolding now :). The only way is up up up!!

90B7E52A-D0C7-4344-9ED6-05FFA41DD2E2.jpg

Not moved in yet then. Did you cycle there?

Not going to be ready until March :(

Lots more bricks gone up :)

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

Looking good, hopefully they make the deadline for you, I brought a new build a long time ago, progress photos from the start, was ment to move in September, watching the progress there was no chance they could make it, they kept stringing me along, saying November, then to close to crimbo, it was Feb in the end. That was a house builder called Belway.

Looks like yours should be done in time with the amount of progress they are making.

And we now have beginning of a roof

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

Looking good, it's getting there.

And now we almost have a roof :)

IMG_0109.jpg

oh and stairs!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0111.jpg

Woo hoo - we have a completely sealed roof with tiles on :) :)

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

And the internal stud walls and cables including sockets being put in :)

IMG_0115.jpg