New home

and this one shows our en-suite ceiling with a hole for the downlighter :) :)

IMG_0116.jpg

and according to the site office, it's still all on for the end of March (fingers crossed!)

Looking great, its great seeing progress photos. I bet it nice seeing it all coming together.

yes it is good to see it coming together - but getting really impatient and we've done another trip to the tip today so lots not going with us and this place is beginning to look empty (apart from boxes and flat packed furniture now) :)

So we are almost there.
A54B9AA0-0FF8-480E-A601-19C0A8EFCABF.jpg

The back of the house

DEE9C5B4-96DA-4C8D-8950-1D2D97772EC0.jpg

The garage has more scaffolding on it than on this picture so that’ll be the next big thing - seeing the garage finished.

D5C06D7D-B3D6-4E58-9A14-9C53768649EA.jpg

Attachments

• 396D470B-DCD1-41B1-AB79-8B9AB4B8E2FD.jpg
    396D470B-DCD1-41B1-AB79-8B9AB4B8E2FD.jpg
    424.9 KB · Views: 16
Nice, that's looking great!, getting exciting now I expect.

Yeah - we even went into it a week or so ago and the kitchen was almost done.

Still no expected completion date and we are both getting very impatient - blooming boxes everywhere!

It's looking great! You'd said around the end of March earlier in the thread, looking at it I reckon that won't be far off.

Thanks Will. I actually reckon it’ll be either first or second week in April but still that’s not too far away! I packed a lot of the kitchen up today - not much left to do now.

Ok - update on the move - if all goes to plan we are moving on Monday.

Almost everything has been completed (apart from landscaping). We have had to get forceful and I think if we hadn’t - we would still have to wait! Our issue is that because we bought “off plan” our mortgage lender only gave us a 9 month mortgage offer which expires at the beginning of May with no scope for extension - so after a lot of anger and frustration the developer decided to pull their fingers out!

Final sign off of the house should have been today but not heard it was done - fingers crossed it was done.

Will update on Monday!

Awesome. Glad to hear it that is great news. Fingers crossed you are in there Monday.

Ok - after a bit of an emotional roller coaster today - we finally completed at 4.30pm today! We have filled and then emptied one van load but still have at least 2-3 van loads to go.

Got a 3 day licence to stay in old home for three days :)

We are absolutely knackered and think we will sleep well tonight ;)

That's great news. Is someone not eager to get into your old house? That's good you can get a 3 day extention.
I remember the day I moved. Sarah was at college, I had a removal company move my stuff to the new house, and I had to drive the TA and my Fiesta from the old house to the new, luckily only a 30min walk between the houses.

No the guy buying our house is effectively buying from the developers so he moves when they say he can move which will approximately be 10 days :)

Hmmm and now lots of money in the bank - what to spend it on - oh yeah a once in a lifetime holiday which we are planning :)

We had to fight to the last minute to get the licence to stay here - but as they couldn’t expect us to move everything after only completing at 4.30 and the fact there were issues they had to sort out - they didnt really have much choice :)