New guy

Vali

So thinking about importing a yank not sure what one but it will be a pickup any advice would be appreciated ?

Can you not find what you want over here?
Not to put you off, but cheaper price you pay for the vehicle stateside will often be minimised by shipping costs, import duty, VAT, IVA conversion & testing and finally registration fees!

Welcome tot he forum always great to see new people.

I saved ?10K on the Trams-Am by purchasing in the states, many things could have gone wrong, but turned out well.

Shipping was $700 back in 2002, The vehicle has to be drivable for the ferry crossing from Jacksonville to Southampton. if it isn't drivable you need a container, quotes at the time were around $1500.

Import Tax, this was 10% of the vehicles value including shipping then whacked VAT on top. So around 30% tax in total. However if the vehicle is over 10 years old you didn't have to pay the 10% tax back then. Also if you have owned the car in the states for more than 6 months then you can get away with tax too.

IVA/SVA testing, this has to be some at a few select garages, I done mine in Southampton. Had to change the way the lights worked, and tyres as they have no 'E' mark on them. The test itself was ?175, and ?60ish for a retest, there are companies that can go the conversions for you. I done mine myself to save reddies.

If the car is registered as a 50's farm vehicles you don't have to do any changed for UK, it just has one rear light, no indicators, and its legal.

What age pick up are you looking for?

We need pictures lol oh and welcome
also will it be a project or show and shine you are after?

Thanks all and mot able or moted with scope for a bit of fetteling. Is my wish ��

:welcome: to the forum ;)

Hi & Welcome

So have you found anything you like here in the uk????

See you there. I wont be in the Trans-Am though, but in a little blue old fiesta as Trans-Am off the road, you will see a few of us with the Renegades club t-shirts on though. I'm Dan incase you hadn't guessed :p

Sorry for the delay in thanking you all but great chat lovely to see you and do lots more in the future ��

It was great :) even if I was playing candy crush with Izzy for a while lol :)

Good to meet you, hopefully you felt welcome and got some ideas of what to buy. Even if we steered you in the wrong direction at times, like taking your honeymoon in the States so you can choose a truck at the same time, lol. Well its the right direction in a man's mind.

Next time I'll take you around to meet many of the members. Most members at club night don't come on the forum, or do just to check events.

During the summer many more cars come out. I cant give a number of how many members we have, as its free entry there is no register of members. People may not see for 4 months and come back. perhaps over 50 that we have seen over the last 12 months. So many people with knowledge in different areas, and with the forum too its a great group.

I better stop waffling now and get back to work....

I know what you mean but it's ok she is talking to me now worst luck lol we will see you all soon ��

Back