Memory Sticks

chris68coupe

Super Moderator
I need a larger memory stick. My current one is 128 but I need probably twice that or more for what I want to do (Move photos from my old computer to my new one). My question is, are some brands better than others or are they much the same?

Thanks in advance.

Always useful having memory sticks around. I brought 4 off of eBay. Think they were 256gb ones, wasn't the cheapest available. Well the first 2 the computer couldn't detect, the 3rd worked but very slow, it would take 2 days to fill it up, must have been usb1.1 not usb3 that was advertised.
What I learnt is don't buy this stuff from eBay, even branded stuff is cloned and didn't work right.

Now I just nip down to Novatech to get one. SanDisk of Kingston are some of the main brands in USB sticks. May cost a little more from Novatech but at least you know its genuine. I've been bitten too many times in the past. https://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/memory-usb/

The USB version you don't need to worry about. The USB stick is backward compatible with USB1.1, USB2, USB3. Really the numbers indicate speed, it will connect at the fastest soeed the computer can do.

Thanks for that, pretty much what I thought. I use 'Sandisk' SD cards in my cameras. I never think of Novatech for bits and bobs, usually go to PC world. However, I did buy my new PC from Nova.

Back