Making a replcement Fuel pipe

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
The pipe between the fixed pipe on the tank and the fuel fulter is knackered

It has this at the filter end. At the fuel tank end, this same connector is coming fromt he tank. I need the length from end to end to be 80cm. The connector is M16 spanner and the thread is M16x1.5. So effectivly need an extension pipe, Male one end Female the other.
1621239246154.png

Or make both end Male with a Female to Female adapter.

I know Darren send me on a load of connectors to do with brake lines that will also do fuel lines that I still need to go through yet. Thanks Darren for all that, the answer may be there.

Just wanted to see what other people have done.

I'm happy to buy a tool if it can do the fuel pipes and brake pipes, as I may renew brake lines on both cars at some point.

If you got a good motor factors they might be able to advise local to get one made if you don't want to spend out on tools and packs of unions just yet or your mot guy might make one up for you unless you fancy drive to Wales to get it sorted lol😁

Speedflow made a fuel pipe for the TA. braided Teflon very nice, went between the filer near the rear wheel all the way to the intake monifold. I have sent them the dimentions of the Camaro bit. they do alot of race stuff, so may not be able to help with run of the mill stuff.

You are right that a local motorfactors may be able to help. Worth a shot I guess.

I've heard of them I have Earls brake lines on the Trans-Am, brought them in from the states, wouldn't it be funny if I brought them from the states and they were made int he UK, lol.

Looks like i have a few options to go for.
Thaks for your help. Going to Wales for a cuppa is still and option....

i have the drapper version of this very please with it, great for bench work

again great tool want to get one for when working on the car as easy to use got a renault thats going to need some new lines,

and if you havnt got these as well

so lots to choose and think about happy hunting lol

Yes lots to choose from. I like the idea of one I can use on the bench with a vice.

3/16" is more brake line size, the outer diamter of the fuel pipe is just over 9mm. Which is around 3/8"

I guess I beed to get some end connectors too. That pipe bender looks awesome. I'll get one of them.

Last edited:
Soo many flaring tools out there, so I tihnk I have plenty of choice on that one.

Buy where to get the connectors from. Look like the pipe and tools is the easy bit. My old connector is a tad rusty, may be able to be revived, but would certainly prefer a shiny new one.

One of the tools i listed dose both brake and fuel lines (y) (y) and has all the dias as well (y)

or just get the fuel pipe made from earls as its a one off

Loads of connectors, none the same. :(
A spinny nut that pushes on the shoulder created by the flare tool. Looks like some insert in the pipe too from the photo up top.

May be easier to convert it to something different.

Taken the old one off. 16x1.5mm female one end to 16x1.5mm male thr other end.
IMG_20210520_193929.jpg

So I guess I can get one made the same, or get adapters, and change that bit for braided.

Whatever ever you use make sure it is E10 compatable as a minimum. If possible go to E15 proof. There is an interesting article in 'Classic American' mag this month. I could scan and put it here but would probably fall foul of copyright rules.

(PS, Not related but could not post earlier. Was there a problem with the website?)

Last edited:
Ah so you ate thinking of converting the ends to barbed type connections and use a jubilee clip?
There is around 40psi from the pump, is this safe? I do see alot of people doing it, but that may have been on carbed vehicles.

Even if you go this route as a temp just to get car running it buys you time to get metal pipe made or ordered.

You could put camaro on a flat bed and bring to Wales lol

Back