Lockdown - your estimate

so quiet out there, even emergency calls are get less ,

so quiet out there, even emergency calls are get less ,
What sort of emergency calls do you do? What the oddest one you have done?

they have said showers smoke alarms bathroom/kitchen lights , voids empty proprtys due for retest,, after typing other message had call to wiring cooker for temp homless turn up gone out wont be back for an hour rebooked for tomorrow now, no real strange ones all i will say is from a show home to a life of grime property evey property is so differant,

be lamb burgers on the menu at this rate lol

I hope your wrong. I really don't think it will happen here. We are very different to the French.
Could snail eating make people more violent? Gotta be a link somewhere why certain cultures behave different

I hope your wrong. I really don't think it will happen here. We are very different to the French.

The areas of Paris affected are poor inhabited by immigrants. They are virtually no go areas for many natives. We have plenty of those areas too.

Also, just read the although the lockdown will be eased at some future point social distancing will need to be maintained until the end of 2020!
This will stop all gatherings from taking place and the impact on restaurants, airlines and even bus/taxi services is enormous.
China should pay.... I hear the US state of Missouri is suing China! Good on ‘em!

I saw a taxi yesterday. Just the driver in it. Perhaps he was going shopping. As would be gard to keep social distancing from passengers.

I too think China should pay. The thing is they have damage the economy in every country. Perhaps we should stop buying Chinese stuff expecially the stuff that ends up in our landfills after a few months. Why should their economy be rewarded from us buying from them?

I was watching a documentary on Tower1 being built next to where the twin towers were. Taking out the towers was very damaging to the US economy and effected others around the world. However china's virus has done more damage already.

I too think China should pay. The thing is they have damage the economy in every country. Perhaps we should stop buying Chinese stuff expecially the stuff that ends up in our landfills after a few months. Why should their economy be rewarded from us buying from them?

We are boycotting Chinese goods wherever possible and even down to not enjoying a Chinese takeaway again.

And whilst 11 out of the 19 in my firm have been furloughed - I am not one of them and I am back in the office from Monday :)

avoiding chinese stuff is difficult. i got a new turbo for my daughters car from a UK supplier turns out they got it from china. guess what it didn't work had to send it back. got new rear wheel bearings for the Ranchero from Usautomotive they also turned out to be from china
was not happy.

got new rear wheel bearings for the Ranchero from Usautomotive they also turned out to be from china
was not happy.

That’s why I don’t use USAutomotive anymore. Cheap junk at top dollar prices. And Ultimate spares are equally as expensive.
I generally find Rockauto where you can choose the manufacturer of your part or direct from US suppliers is cheaper and usually just as quick.
I’m surprised USAutomotive are still in business.

avoiding chinese stuff is difficult. i got a new turbo for my daughters car from a UK supplier turns out they got it from china. guess what it didn't work had to send it back. got new rear wheel bearings for the Ranchero from Usautomotive they also turned out to be from china
was not happy.
I had a similar experience with a carb rebuild kit for my American boat engine. It was a Chinese copy and was terrible.
You make a good point about it being difficult to avoid things made in China, so many things are these days it's unbelievable. Even most iphones, which you'd think are American are made in China. Even things designed elsewhere and assembled in China are still feeding the Chinese economy. Unfortunately China now has an insurmountable strangle hold on global production.

There are some websites where you can buy British made stuff. We used to build lots in the UK something with the Union Jack on it was a mark of quality. Something happened over the years and people happy to buy cheap even if it lasts a fraction of the time.
Need to make Britain strong again, somehow get people to buy British. Although we need to go back to making stuff. We used to have a good vehicle industry. Alot of that moved to Europe.

Itv4 on now, Made in Britain. Very interesting. Doc Martins made in Leeds, cricket bats made near Kent, and now they moving on to high quality watches.

Lol. Every phone including house phones feature Chinese made components.
Exactly my point (y). In fact, iPhones don't only use Chinese components, they are actually assembled in Shenzhen.
It is almost impossible to avoid feeding the Chinese economy in some way unfortunately, even by targeted purchasing. The problem is, Chinese production is very inexpensive comparatively, therefore many companies use it to maximise profits.

Back