LED Headlamp conversion

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Soo many cars out there mainly german cars that their lights are soo bright you may aswell turn your own lights off.
I dont drive the Trans-Am too much at night, but I have seen videos of people using this conversion kit on their late models Firebirds.
https://genssi.com/h4701-h4703-sealed-beam-led-replacement-headlights-2-pack/
Beam pattern looks great, all looks controllable to pass an MOT. they are SAE approved. so all should be fine in the UK.
The headlamp has the same two pin connector the standard headlights have. This will be a 5 min job to install all 4 headlamps.
For only $200 plus shipping. I am certainly very tempted. EDIT: Actually it looks like I need to order 2 pairs, so the cost will be double.
Trans-hdlt-MAIN_transam__61111.1619023022.jpg

saleen 192

Core Member

worth more checking mybe b4 you order ??????????? i got better idea sure sarah would agree work on camaro not the TA lol,,,,,,,,

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Yes true, it is giving a flat beam. You are right many cars drop off brightness on one side, like a champhered edge.
I'll do a lot more digging into this.
The current sealed beams on the TA are flat beam and interchangable side to side. I need to pop into the MOT station soon anyway to help set up some new equipment for them. I'll ask about headlights.

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Yes it was worth checking, spoke to the MOT guy. A flat beam is legal, and many cars that come in from France are a flat beam. Manufacturers do this so they dont have handed lights.
I showed him the kit and the video of the lights working. He said it you were putting an LED bulb into an existing housing then it wouldn't be right, but as these are purpose made headlight with angle control they are fine.

Probably going to cost around £500 after taxes, so that my next hurdle.

saleen 192

Core Member
sarah would say spend the money on the camaro not the trans am lol(y)