LED Headlamp conversion

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Soo many cars out there mainly german cars that their lights are soo bright you may aswell turn your own lights off.
I dont drive the Trans-Am too much at night, but I have seen videos of people using this conversion kit on their late models Firebirds.
https://genssi.com/h4701-h4703-sealed-beam-led-replacement-headlights-2-pack/
Beam pattern looks great, all looks controllable to pass an MOT. they are SAE approved. so all should be fine in the UK.
The headlamp has the same two pin connector the standard headlights have. This will be a 5 min job to install all 4 headlamps.
For only $200 plus shipping. I am certainly very tempted. EDIT: Actually it looks like I need to order 2 pairs, so the cost will be double.
Trans-hdlt-MAIN_transam__61111.1619023022.jpg

worth more checking mybe b4 you order ??????????? i got better idea sure sarah would agree work on camaro not the TA lol,,,,,,,,

Yes true, it is giving a flat beam. You are right many cars drop off brightness on one side, like a champhered edge.
I'll do a lot more digging into this.
The current sealed beams on the TA are flat beam and interchangable side to side. I need to pop into the MOT station soon anyway to help set up some new equipment for them. I'll ask about headlights.

Yes it was worth checking, spoke to the MOT guy. A flat beam is legal, and many cars that come in from France are a flat beam. Manufacturers do this so they dont have handed lights.
I showed him the kit and the video of the lights working. He said it you were putting an LED bulb into an existing housing then it wouldn't be right, but as these are purpose made headlight with angle control they are fine.

Probably going to cost around £500 after taxes, so that my next hurdle.

sarah would say spend the money on the camaro not the trans am lol(y)

did you place the order?

Not yet, so many things to spend money on. It is on my list, along with an intake manifold.
Currently looking at more solar panels to fit on the garage with battery storage, perhaps I should start a thread on that.

Not yet, so many things to spend money on. LOL would that be the Camaro by any chance PMSL :ROFLMAO:

HAVE YOU RECOUPE THE MONEY BACK ON THE SYSTEM YOU ALREADY HAVE ???????????????

Side note i saw the other day on the news, i don't get it when people say they cant afford to pay the electric bills then go and spend 10k plus on panels or other eco energy saving . so they would rather not pay there bills and pay out on eco stuff and wait 7 to 10 years to recoup there money

Last edited:
Not yet, so many things to spend money on. LOL would that be the Camaro by any chance PMSL :ROFLMAO:

HAVE YOU RECOUPE THE MONEY BACK ON THE SYSTEM YOU ALREADY HAVE ???????????????

Side note i saw the other day on the news, i don't get it when people say they cant afford to pay the electric bills then go and spend 10k plus on panels or other eco energy saving . so they would rather not pay there bills and pay out on eco stuff and wait 7 to 10 years to recoup there money
lol, Solar panels arn't benificial for everyone. I have high power usage from Crypto mining, high electric bills and the cost of energy will just keep going up. If i can be more self sufficient it wont matter what the energy prices go up to. The system I have had for for about 7 years, I get £700 a year back from selling energy back on the grid, plus its saved be buying in soo much energy.

Yeah I really should try get some more fuel for the camaro and try to fire it up again.

Back