Is it spring yet?

Ice on the road at 7am on this morning

That pic will looks like wat you get out of a sink. Bath plug hole lol.

IMG_20191109_082802.jpg

-2.5 deg on display on car this morning this pic driving back home

IMG_20191109_090529.jpgIMG_20191109_090529.jpg

Days are shorter too, so they should go quicker. Looking forward to working on the TA over the winter ready for next year.

some roads closed around these parts due to flooding,
http://www.pistyllrhaeadr.co.uk/ the roads around these parts are bad at the moment crumberling as water running down tarmac and braking it up,

and if you check out the live feed from elan dam wow,

Seeing a lot of flooding on TV and a lot of the houses are new. It's like they brought the land cheap as it wasn't good to build on and then they build on it. There are new houses in Waterlooville that was soo boggy to even walk the dog in, not good for farming so the farmer sold it.
Of course not all new builds are on bad land, but they do seem keen to build everywhere.

Yes indeed. One of the developments on the other side of Swindon is prone to flooding. Fortunately we are reasonably high with good run off but even so the green areas are very wet.

Apart from our back garden - what green areas - bloody delivery drivers keep driving over them grrrrr!! :( :(

Apart from our back garden - what green areas - bloody delivery drivers keep driving over them grrrrr!! :( :(
Room for a concrete post? You may loose a few posts in the side of vehicles but they should learn eventually.

Room for a concrete post? You may loose a few posts in the side of vehicles but they should learn eventually.
Would like to but it’s officially not our land - it belongs to the management company who look after the green areas on the development. We have what the call a “pocket park” in front of our house but which is next to our drive and it’s there that they’re driving over :(

Looks a right mess!

How come summer whizzes by but winter just drags on...................
That is so true! I find the same. But I remember as a kid that hot Summers seemed to go on for ever! Anybody else?
We definitely seem to have less settled weather these days. Non believers of climate change will say it has nothing to do with it and all the floods and wind are just seasonal blips. But we do seem to be getting a lot of blips don't we! Lol.

Non believers of climate change will say it has nothing to do with it and all the floods and wind are just seasonal blips. But we do seem to be getting a lot of blips don't we! Lol.

Not all. The period we are comparing it over is too short. We really have no idea of the weather cycles this planet has gone through to know what is abnormal. It maybe abnormal in the view of the last 150 years or so but against the life of the planet that is far too small a snapshot to make us the experts we think we are.

Not all. The period we are comparing it over is too short. We really have no idea of the weather cycles this planet has gone through to know what is abnormal. It maybe abnormal in the view of the last 150 years or so but against the life of the planet that is far too small a snapshot to make us the experts we think we are.
I'll be honest, as lover of large, V8 engined cars and a fan of the internal combustion engine in general, my knee jerk reaction might be to defensively oppose the climate change view to avoid being branded a hypocrite. Possibly like Mr Trump, president of one of the world's most polluting nations.
Don't get me wrong, I would still have a warehouse full of such cars if I could afford them, yet, I am stil happy to accept the view that the current actions of mankind are affecting the planet's climate. As we have touched on before, the scientific community are pretty unanimous on this. And they say this not because of the observed weather, but because of the physics - it's by knowing what the chemicals we produce are doing to the temperature of the atmosphere. What reason might they have for making this up?

Last edited:
Back