Is it spring yet?

it's by knowing what the chemicals we produce are doing to the temperature of the atmosphere. What reason might they have for making this up?

Money, plain and simple. They get paid for this research and any diagnosis that doesn’t guarantee continued research leaves them without a job. Then the governments get to tax is more based on their output.
History shows us this. The government pushed diesel cars, and now they are the devils work and people who invested are forced to reinvest in the latest fad of electric cars to be able to drive to the hubs of cities.
The whole world runs on money, always has. It’s just that before the lines between thieves and honest workers was clearly distinct. Now it’s just the biggest dog through any means.

Money, plain and simple. They get paid for this research and any diagnosis that doesn’t guarantee continued research leaves them without a job. Then the governments get to tax is more based on their output.
History shows us this. The government pushed diesel cars, and now they are the devils work and people who invested are forced to reinvest in the latest fad of electric cars to be able to drive to the hubs of cities.
The whole world runs on money, always has. It’s just that before the lines between thieves and honest workers was clearly distinct. Now it’s just the biggest dog through any means.
Well, yeah, I agree on the money driven corruption thing. That affects us in lots of ways, many of which we probably aren't aware of.
But how do we know there isn't money driven corruption working to try and denounce global warming? If you think about, this is probably more likely as it costs more to do something about global warming than not. But all this aside, the data is simply there. Check out the link below from NASA, not only the text, but more the graph showing CO2 levels.

Falsification of that sort of data would quickly be uncovered by any number of other bodies and made very public, but this hasn't happened.
So, are they ALL corrupt and only publish data which keep themselves in a job? (Bearing in mind that most of the scientists do lots of other work besides study climate change to earn a living).
And this massive increase in atmosphere CO2 since the industrial revolution is having no affect on our climate at all?
Sorry dude, I just don't buy it.

"I just don't buy it"

Excuss the money pun there wasnt a pun inteaded was it WILL LOL,,,.

Sorry dude, I just don't buy it.

The point is, is that we are drawing conclusions based on ‘evidence’ gathered over a very small time. We assume that we are responsible when we Just don’t know .this planet has gone through several ice ages over its life and the current one just happens to occupy what we call the north and south poles. We do know a previous ice age covered what is now the Sahara for example.
Human kind does not have all the answers as clever as we have become, and whilst people are able to Capitalise on unsubstantiated truths gathered to meet requirements we probably never will.

Your welcome to not buy my opinion - I’m not selling! But just as you choose to believe, I choose to call BS.

The point is, is that we are drawing conclusions based on ‘evidence’ gathered over a very small time. We assume that we are responsible when we Just don’t know .this planet has gone through several ice ages over its life and the current one just happens to occupy what we call the north and south poles. We do know a previous ice age covered what is now the Sahara for example.
Human kind does not have all the answers as clever as we have become, and whilst people are able to Capitalise on unsubstantiated truths gathered to meet requirements we probably never will.

Your welcome to not buy my opinion - I’m not selling! But just as you choose to believe, I choose to call BS.
Did you not look at that CO2 graph? It goes back a very long way in time. And that analysis comes from core drilling, that's verifiable data, not just evidence. And that data can clearly be compared to present day CO2 levels to prove that they have gone through the roof since mankind came along with his fuel burning machines. And it is a verifiable fact that upper atmosphere CO2 raises global temperature, that's already started to happen and much faster than any natural progression.
It's not your opinion I don't buy, it's the general head in the sand notion that global warming is not a potential threat, which I think is denial, based on the supposition that "it was probably going to happen anyway".
Thankfully, many governments are now taking notice of the data provided. Although, some say, are still doing too little too late. Forgive me, but I favour science over guesswork...or BS if you like lol. As you say, I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Last edited:
Your opinion Will. We clearly differ.
You aren’t coming close to selling me on your beliefs and I never was selling mine, so let’s leave it there.

so anybody got a diesel car or van then be baned soon,
https://news.sky.com/story/bristol-..._contact_key=ad42eaab21f0e88a0ff6df62e17c492f
so private car owner travel to work so use their cars/vans twice a day if static the diesel vans buses taxis lorrrys are driving all day long and night time so will effect bussiness and private as well alot of single parents now do deliverys using their own car van vans so now there will be alot of cars vans up for sale or scrapped

so anybody got a diesel car or van then be baned soon,
https://news.sky.com/story/bristol-..._contact_key=ad42eaab21f0e88a0ff6df62e17c492f
so private car owner travel to work so use their cars/vans twice a day if static the diesel vans buses taxis lorrrys are driving all day long and night time so will effect bussiness and private as well alot of single parents now do deliverys using their own car van vans so now there will be alot of cars vans up for sale or scrapped
This is only a ban from Bristol city centre from 2021 at the moment, but you can bet other cities will soon follow if they see Bristol's pollution levels have dropped . I have a deisel but I am inclined to agree with this.

Last edited:
pollution levels in city centres will drop anyway as more and more shops shut thanks to the internet. theses bans will only kill off the city centre

"" pollution levels in city centres will drop anyway as more and more shops shut thanks to the internet. theses bans will only kill off the city centre ""

very true

Keep forcing people to buy new vehicles and spending in other areas will suffer. Tax income will drop, rates and business taxes go up, import duty goes up, consumer goods prices go up, spending drops further. A viscous circle.
And we haven’t started on the issues of batteries, recharging and the required infrastructure to meet the demand. The whole story of nuclear vs fossil fuels etc and we know hydro, wind and solar won’t meet demand. Perhaps we should import more electric from potentially hostile countries like Russia?
It’s another Ill thought out piece of legislation driven by a car hating mayor who has a history of persecuting the car.

I agree, there are far too many new cars on the market. I'm not sure people are being forced to buy them as such, it's just the mentality of many people these days. It seems they've just got to have a new one.
I think renewable energy could easily keep up. The Sun alone could power this planet many times over, including re-charging electric vehicles, which would solve the pollution issues. But that would take a lot of money. There lies the problem.
I don't know anything about the mayor of Bristol, why does he hate cars? Maybe he's a cyclist? lol

I don't know anything about the mayor of Bristol, why does he hate cars? Maybe he's a cyclist? lol

yes you are correct. He wants to make Bristol a no-car city!

They could’ve tried somewhere like Swindon first as there’s nothing to go into the town center for anymore - all we’ve really got is £1 shops, Charity Shops and pubs! Lots of shops shutting down even a huge Morrison’s that had only been there a few years - but then we have a lot of retail parks on the outskirts and of course the Outlet Village - so why would you drive and pay to park into a dump of a town Centre (At a cost of quite a few £££s) when you can drive and park for free to one of the retail centers ?

We even had a car park that cost £3.50 Per day and every day it was ram packed (about 300 cars). If you didn’t get there early enough - forget it. Swindon Council decided to buy it and then charge £9 per day. Now it’s deserted. I parked in there a few weeks back - maximum of 10 cars. That’ll probably be sold off to developers to build flats! A lot of newish converted flats in Swindon but with a lack of parking! I love our council - not!!

And they wonder why the retail sector is struggling you said it all just about.

Went out yesterday for a carvery and see the waterfall from all the ajtum rain we have had be much better in the spring.
Can't seem to find how to add video of waterfall say file to big

They could’ve tried somewhere like Swindon first as there’s nothing to go into the town center for anymore - all we’ve really got is £1 shops, Charity Shops and pubs! Lots of shops shutting down even a huge Morrison’s that had only been there a few years - but then we have a lot of retail parks on the outskirts and of course the Outlet Village - so why would you drive and pay to park into a dump of a town Centre (At a cost of quite a few £££s) when you can drive and park for free to one of the retail centers ?

We even had a car park that cost £3.50 Per day and every day it was ram packed (about 300 cars). If you didn’t get there early enough - forget it. Swindon Council decided to buy it and then charge £9 per day. Now it’s deserted. I parked in there a few weeks back - maximum of 10 cars. That’ll probably be sold off to developers to build flats! A lot of newish converted flats in Swindon but with a lack of parking! I love our council - not!!
Yeah, you'd think they might trial such a scheme on a town that might not be hit so hard first. It's all very well banning cars but as long as public transport is able to cope. But they don't seem to think that far ahead!
And huge retail parks have trashed many a small shopping community sadly.

Went out yesterday for a carvery and see the waterfall from all the ajtum rain we have had be much better in the spring.
Can't seem to find how to add video of waterfall say file to big
Pity you weren't able to post that video, would have been good to see.

Back