How to exclude far East from eBay searches?

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
I try to avoid buying from china/Hong Kong where I can. If I want cheap imatatiom stuff I would go there.
A number of times I have searched eBay, say for a USB cable, select UK only, China turns up in the search with a 1 month delivery.
Just went to buy string for aunties flymo strimmer, done a search, results looked good, one had 3 spools for a good price, hit buy now. Only to get an email of delivery next month some time, then find they are located in Hong Kong. Been marked as posted already. How annoying
Wish the was a UK version of eBay.co.uk, oh wait it's ment to be.
I remember the old days when you searched you had to click a box to enable worldwide search.

Doh.

Rather annoying, not the first time I have been caught out by it. I thought I was more caucious now, but obviously not.

it will be the same stuff made in China bought from a UK supplier at 10x the cost of buying it from China

Why not go to your local garden center (Keydell in Horndean) or OEM? I am sure there are local places that can supply what you need.

Energy costs to high cant afford to fuel to get there and back lol hasn't got solar panels on the roof of his car sh@t now that's given him an idea lol be another thread start soon lol,,,

ref e bay check the advert at the bottom normally gives there business registered address this is china but the advert say ships from uk this has court me a few times or check out other items from same advert you sometimes find its says from china sometimes they ship really quick,
as ranchero says as well so if you can wait ? sometimes just waiting is a cheaper option,

Back