How much is our car insurance

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Who are we with car insurance wise, and how much do we spend for our vehicles and is it classic insurance with limited miles?

The reason for the questions is I want to create an article on the main page of the forum. This is for anyone who is looking for American car insurance, or perhaps people don't want to buy an American car in fear that the insurance would be high. We all know its a lot lower than a good looking European car. Most of our V8's being over 250hp+, imagine a UK car with over 250+hp you would be paying a very high insurance tag.

I'm insured with Adrian Flux, ?390 full comp, unlimited miles, the insured value is ?16k, when I called to lower this, I'm basically covered for the cost of a replacement. Its a 2000 Pontiac Trans-Am WS6. Over 6 years no claims discount.

Adrian Flux, ?637 fully comp with 10,000 miles, 10 years no claims and no points. Jumped ?120 from the previous year! Money grabbing so and so's!!

I havejust had a quote from adrian flux for Colin, pleasantly surprised actually, ?215 fully comp 5000 miles dont have any no claims as i use them for my corsa, so i now figure as they are normally expensive can i get it cheaper will let you know x

The last time the Firebird was on the road (which was almost 3 years ago I am embarrased to admit!) I was with Adrian Flux and paying ?115 with limited mileage at 5000 miles. (That was third party fire and theft BTW).
I know insurance has gone up a fair bit in recent years though.
I am aiming to try and have it back on the road for the season opener, so lets wait and see what they quote me!!

Last edited:
Just renewed my car insurance With [sureterm] For the 1992 chevy caprice 5.0v8 ?294.73 FULL COMP with no no claims as tha dont use no claims 3000 miles
With [sureterm] 1997 ford econoline e150 5.4v8 ?304.79 FULL COMP with no no claims as tha dont use no claims 3000 miles

I have motor trade insurance that covers me on basically anything with wheels ?668. No restrictions on value, vehicle or mileage.

I'm paying about ?350 fully comp with MCE. 1972 5.7L V8 Chevy Nova, 5000 miles a year, parked in the street in Portsmouth. No claims doesn't count, though they keep track of your previous no claims so that if you move insurer it's still valid.

last time I insured the landy it cost nearly 700 quid, Thats why I sold it, funny thing is Ijust insured a 400cc motorbike for 76 quid, now the landy does 0 to 60 in about 30 secs with a top speed of 70 MPH, ole bikie however will hit 100KPH in 5,6 secs and topps at around 116MPH ,it will go more if you de restrict it and bolt a track exhaust

Back