History Today

More like Metropolis, a 1927 silent Sci-Fi film.....

1927Metropolis.jpeg

Saw this in 'Classic American', a 1959 concept car called the 'Levacar' built by Ford. It used Maglev technology similar to the train shown earlier.....

1959fordlevacar.png

Last of the Portsdown pics for now showing the former tramway. The little building on the far left (still there but rebuilt) used to be the local Fire Station

image.jpeg

I think that was the 'Horndean Light Railway' or a similar name without looking it up.

Amazing! And very interesting! I never knew about that. Thanks for posting Stephen ?.
Yeah, you're right Chris, I just looked it up. It ran from Cosham to Horndean and was closed in 1935.

Another photo of the Horndean Light Railway further towards Waterlooville.

View attachment 159855
Just trying to picture where that is, perhaps near the shell garage facing south, the building on the left has recently been knocked down, a gentle curve in the road with Mill Road up on the left.
Screenshot_20200527_074850_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Last edited:
Just trying to picture where that is, perhaps near the shell garage facing south, the building on the left has recently been knocked down, a gentle curve in the road with Mill Road up on the left.

You're right, because the building on the left in the old picture is the old farmhouse that burnt down and is currently being replaced with a nursing home.

Well spotted, I was having trouble working out where that was.

Back