Haynes Releases New LS Series Manual

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
cover-1000.jpg
Haynes is well-known in the automotive industry for its comprehensive vehicle teardowns in their manuals. And while we already have textbooks on the the fourth-generation F-Body Camaros and Trans-Ams, we have never had a dedicated manual that focuses solely on the LS-based motor.

Until now.

The LS Series Engine Manual Haynes Techbook covers everything you need to know about Chevrolet’s venerable small-block engine. It has info on maintenance, basic repairs, bottom-end modding, supercharging, you name it. The Camaro/Firebird tech manuals cover models from 1993 to 2002, and while that also includes the 5.7-liter LS1 of that time period, it is essentially limited to that particular engine model. This new book focuses on the entire LS family, so you have a plethora of options.

You may already feel super comfortable tinkering on your LS engine, however a Haynes or Chilton repair manual comes in total clutch when you are getting into a super-intricate street or strip build. Let’s say for instance you plan on capturing all the air with that brand new air cold air intake and blower you bought from the shop. Sounds great, but you aren’t exactly familiar with AFR (air-to-fuel ratio) and tuning.

Can be purchased direct from Haynes:- https://haynes.com/en-us/ls-series-engine-manual-haynes-techbook

Just brought a copy. Could be handy for future. I'll get more info before I attempt to fix the weeping oil leak from around the sump.

New sump gasket or hole in pan.

They don't do a lot on manuals now for the modern cars you might get a disc or online info shame coz the books have been useful over the years. But think less people are doing their own repairs nowadays.

There is also a rear cover on the engine which the base of mates with the sump. Potential a a slight misalignment of the sealing services that I put no sealant on.

They don't do a lot on manuals now for the modern cars you might get a disc or online info shame coz the books have been useful over the years. But think less people are doing their own repairs nowadays.
It is a book, its paper back, not hard back like the originals we used to get, but still a book to browse through.

One gasket meeting the other. When putting it together the edge of one gasket was touching the other. It wouldn't take much for it to fail.
IMAG4540.jpg
IMAG4544.jpg

I will know the story once I drop the subframe, remove the sump and gearbox.

Its arrived :)

1576684097566.png

1576684123490.png

Back