Haynes Museum

oooh, souinds great, more the merrier.

Received an email back from Haynes
I am afraid that we will not be able to allocate specific parking, but there is every chance that you will all be able to park together in our main car park.

With regard to a tour, we will be starting one of our “Get Closer” Tours at 11a.m and this would be a fantastic chance for your members to be able see under the bonnets etc., of some of our cars if any of your group would like to join in.

The tours are at no extra charge. This could be a nice thing to take part in. we should get there for 11am, but may be a few mins after. We will see :)

You will need to get there earlier if the get closer tour starts at 11am you got to get parked and and sign in

Don't forget then memory card and battery's for camera :thumb:

Would love to go to this coming from the Isle of Wight were and when would I need to meet up with you guys, from Portsmouth

Hope weather better tomorrow. Just going to pop the meeting place on A303 in the sat nav ready for tomorrow. I know Chris Coupe know where it is. Looking forward to this. Trans-Am fuelled up ready to go. :)

Assuming times are new times seeing as though clocks go forward overnight tonight??

:)

Yes, must remember to put the clocks forward.

We had a chap at work come in an hour early as he didn't put his clock back. He used to turn up at 10am, but he arrived at 9am. We don't see him much now as he chooses to work from home.

Weather looks to be showery and windy on the morrow so, may drag the 69 out.

Great turn out at Haynes, 10 vehicles in the convoy. 22 people here.
7b939f5497d3f9e70604162d94f6b7a5.jpg

Great place, loads of cars.
366f6bff09a7ef6b52d731e045f5746e.jpg

c72389ad76a02d3ec6fa48330e150e76.jpg

74414e73ec0d41270a48684a5d442b2e.jpg

b7b32ef1bc7983af6fc7ab2bbd9ffe53.jpg

03ebc5ac105d620d6bb60d2e91d4d00e.jpg

5c1d05956f3449f41014895e3f639ffd.jpg

We are home too.

Thanks everyone for coming along, hope you all enjoyed it. It was such a brilliant turn out from the club. Awesome, well chuffed.

Hope Jennie and Alan made it home after their wheel rim decided to give out on the inner edge letting the air out. After popping on the space save all was good, they made it to the museum okay. Then on the way home Alec has some electrical/fuel pump/ignition issues and had to be recovered home.

The American diner was a nice place to visit after the museum, thanks to Jean & Alan for that idea.

366f6bff09a7ef6b52d731e045f5746e.jpg

Rob, I took this photo for you, this car reminded me of a Rover SD1 at the front, but its a Ferrari!
I guess its the headlight/indicator arrangement that makes me think Rover.

Thanks to all for a great day and for making me feel welcome, really enjoyed it.

See you again on the 19th, hopefully weather will be better :)

Yep, good time had today, not been to Haynes since 2002! Sorry for those who had problems today but glad it all worked out in the end.

If any of you find yourselves in the Chicago Illinois area of the USA, you have to check out the VOLO auto museum Volo Auto Museum - Hollywood Star Car Collection and Auto Attractions . They have a massive hall of just muscle cars that regulary changes due to most cars in the hall are for sale! I have been there twice to date and never fails to impress.

It was a great day....even with the weather.

Hope both the vans get sorted quick, and dinner at the American diner was good too!

well back home after trolling the web and all time to take the engine cover off inside the van and check coil as the petrol pump sounds its working away ok and thinking on how it stopped ( total loss of engine power like it was switched off ) is my first step .... fingers crossed eh ? thanks to dan and sarah for stopping and staying around till i got through to the recovery people ( my first recover ever ) lol but now the fun starts ill keep ya posted for others reference ......

Well couldn't just drive past you! At least you're both home now :) fingers crossed it's an easy fix!

Back