H291DDS Camaro.........Hi

Onefut

Hi Folks
Ill be honest I've only joined for one reason....I,ve been trying to track down my old car and my search led me here
I used to own a 1991 Camaro V6 reg H291DDS and according to google a member on here called Sarah now owns it.
Itd be great to speak to here an find out about the car

Thanx
Onefut :)

Hi ya, Well you have come to the right place.

I'll text Sarah.

Well hello!!!

I've had the Camaro for just over 3 years now :D

When did you own her?

attachment.php

awww, dont they look happy together.

Onefut, was it Red when you owned her?

I bought her in October-ish 1995
Id had a bad motorbike accident that left me with my right foot being amputated and left me in Hospital for 3 1/2 months. So when I got 5k from a personal injury insurance pay out and started looking for a car and had always wanted an American motor.

I was living in the Highlands of Scotland at the time and called the local Chrysler dealer up just on the off chance. He had just taken the Camaro in p/ex and offered it to me on a trade deal for 5k to get a quick turn around....I bit his arm off.
It turned out the guy who had it before me hadn't had it long and just didn't get on with it....I think he was expecting European/jap handling and he scared himself when it got a bit tail happy round some corners :)

Me and my mate went to pick it up from inverness, I can still remember clear as day walking up the side of the showroom seeing that front end sticking out past the corner of the building, I gave them there money and drove off before they changed their minds

I owned it for about 3yrs and its the only vehicle I regret getting rid of

We needed 2 cars so swapped it with a dealer in Yeovil for an 88 Dodge Daytona and an 87 Ford Country Squire
I have very fond memories and often wish I could find her and get her back

She was white when I had her with deep purple skirting and a Camaro script logo down the side, If I caught the reflection of the car while driving past shop windows id say to myself....That's my car :).....It was a big part of my recovery and made me smile a lot

Somewhere I have a picture if I can find it Ill scan it in, I much prefer her in white

I always wanted to sort the handling and fit a supercharger rather than V8 route which seemed to obvious a swap :)

I often dream of getting another one or even better getting her back. The urge came back the last few days so I searched the reg last night and google popped up a post on here....................... It'd be great to see her again sometime

The Camaro is in my garage at the moment, blocked by the Trans-Am which needs a new rear axle (been touching the loud pedal too much)
The Camaro runs well, starts well, all new tyres. Looking forward to the car season starting then cruising time will be on again.

It will be great to see pictures of the Camaro when it was White. I wonder when it got resprayed.

Yeah I wonder
Wonder how many owners has it had now?

All my stuff is in boxes due to moving but If and when I come across it Ill post it on here

If you ever think of selling her Sarah gimme a shout will you,

Sarah got it from a chap in Birmingham, he said he had it for a few years driving it 10 miles a day. So that would take it back to 2010ish. So its been someone else for at least 10 years. Would be interesting to piece together the history.

Oh, Thanks for joining up to the forum, always great to see/hear from new people. :)

Wow, 20 years on and she's still going strong! I think I'm the 5th or 6th owner? I'll check the V5 when I get home tonight!

I had some paint come off the front bumper a few years ago and was very dark underneath, and you have explained that and it makes sense now lol !! :D I do prefer the white, and have been considering having her painted back white if I was to keep her long term, but I do want a V8 eventually. It would be really cool to see what she looked like before.

I have to admit, I do exactly the same as you did when going passed windows.....they are very good looking cars that do turn heads, especially with a girl driving it too.

Coming to selling her, I'll never say never but you will be the first on my list of who to let know :)

Thanks Sarah
Sadly I don't own a n American ar anymore, well I do but it's in Michigan at a friend's house a 2008 Ford Explorer, but I don't own one here :)
I'll get another one day :)

How come you have a car out there? You visit the states often??

Sadly no but we were over in Canada and the US for an extended visit last year and we bought the car and it got left at our friends house when we returned..........need to decide what were gonna do with it :)

Hi Sarah

Just wondering how the old girl is I was pining her the other day and reminiscing

Hope shes still going well

All the best
Alan

Hi Sarah

Just wondering how the old girl is I was pining her the other day and reminiscing

All the best
Alan

Alan,

Sarah is in-active on the forum these days, but she can be found on the Solent Renegades Facebook page.
I’m not a Facebook user or I would make her aware of your post.

Hi Sarah

All the best
Alan

I'll give her a poke to reply.

The car is still the same, well its sitting in the garage in front of the T/A. I keep meaning to get it out, and take a look over it.

Back