Great British Garden Revival

sarah

Club Photographer
I don't know how many of you are green fingered but Dan and me are lucky enough to have a garden that is pretty much an empty canvas (after days of hacking back everything that was overgrown).

With this, and it being my first garden I seem to have shown an interest in getting the most out of our garden. We are so lucky as to have a large range of birds (House Sparrow, Starlings, Robins, Blue Tits, Great Tits, Blackbirds and Goldfinches), bees, butterflies, crickets and slow worms. So over the past year we have been doing what we can to make sure all these wonderful creatures keep on coming back.

Anyway, next week my Mum is coming over to help me dig up the front garden so we can have a 'pretty' flower bed all the way along the outer each of the lawn, running alongside our low wall. I started reading up on good flowers to have, what flowers when, when to sow them etc, then the BBC started to air a programme called "Great British Garden Revival". I have found this programme so informative to the point I've taken so many notes on sowing, taking root cuttings, cutting flowers to display them indoors and other indoor plants.

If you like gardening or wanting to start out and didn't know where to start I would definitely recommend sticking this on!!

BBC Two - Great British Garden Revival

Nice one Sarah. As you know from previous post we aren't gardeners as such but a lot of people are ;)

You are turning in to a right little house wife aren't you. You go girl!!! I have a fence and grass surrounded by building site but will be getting a bit of colour soon hopefully xx

You are turning in to a right little house wife aren't you. You go girl!!! I have a fence and grass surrounded by building site but will be getting a bit of colour soon hopefully xx

Haha, well I've got to do something with my spare time :) we just love our garden and both want it to be more amazing than it already is :bounce:

Just to bump this thread as to what's been in my garden the few days.

Wow, Sarah will love this post. Good photos there, you are like a true bird spotter. :)

Oh wooooow!!! I'd love your garden :D Fantastic photos Darren!

Thanks, Saw a kingfisher this morning when looking out of my window but didn't have camera next time hopefully but did get 2 pheashant in the garden the other week

How wonderful! For ages I kept my camera near the window so I could grab it quickly to photograph any birds that we hadn't seen before.

We had the camera ready today enjoy,

still waiting to catch the kingfisher but that's going to be like winning the lottery to get picture

Nice use of cable ties. You do get some great birds in your garden.

Again, fantastic photos Darren! I will be keeping everything crossed you get that Kingfisher shot!!

Just had this fellow in my front garden.....

151117woody.jpg

Nice hopefully his/her mate will be alone as well

well this morning was busy

Not the kingfisher but hay when you see this fighting well trying to catch a smaller bird and the squirrals as well can't be a bad morning

What a great photo Chris!!!

Oh no, we get the occasional Sparrowhawk in the garden trying to eat my lovely little birds :( as beautiful as these big birds are, I don't really like them being in my garden...............but if I feed the little ones, the big ones will soon twig on!

Thanks Sarah.....Best of 16 shots!

I also get the occasional Sparrow Hawk.

Back