GDPR

That would be the level of exposure that could spark a protest...but I doubt we will!

For a country that stood alone in the early years of WWII but was still up for the fight, we have certainly become a nation of pussies letting both Europe and our Government dictate our lives. All our freedom fighters from those years are surely turning in their graves.

For a country that stood alone in the early years of WWII but was still up for the fight, we have certainly become a nation of pussies letting both Europe and our Government dictate our lives. All our freedom fighters from those years are surely turning in their graves.
I'm with you on that! I also think that the situation has been perpetuated by the runaway immigration this country has endured for too long, leading to a significant percentage of the population that are not interested in preserving our culture, values, heritage and way of life.

got a text today do i want the mobile service app to monitor covid NO,

And now Facebook are accused of trying to slurp information in contravention of GDPR.
What they are attempting to do is ‘slurp’ personal data on domain name holders using a back door in the registration process.
Ostensibly this is to allow Facebook to prevent any Facebook alternates from being created (surely the monopolies commission would be interested to hear that?).
Dan, this is of concern to you and anyone else on here who runs their own web site, including us as we have a domain that is currently not in use.
Really annoying as I have stayed off Facebooks radar and yet they seek me out!
Whilst access to the personal registration details of the owner of a site that masquerades as Facebook would be required for legal action it should be on a case by case basis and Facebook do not require blanket rights on this basis.
So what is this about? My view is that it has nothing to do with Facebook clones but more they realise there is growing number of people who have nothing to do with Facebook and instead communicate via alternate sites. Facebook are missing an opportunity to steal that data and market it for profit.
F**k Facebook and f**k Zuckerburg.

Back in post #4 I said how Harriet Harmon was questioning the app.
Now Harriet is saying that whatever system ends up being used, it should not be the responsibility of any one minister, ministerial team or even any government but to have protection enforced through law.
Way to go Harriet. She understands what it takes to get security and privacy by design.

Oh and here is an interesting survey.
84% of 2218 consumers believe that contact tracing data will be used for reasons other than stopping the spread of COVID-19.
That’s a whooping level of mistrust that has probably taken generations to reach that level.

Just dug a little deeper on the previously mentioned survey and the results astounded me.
74% of Australians, 81% of Germans and 84% of Americans all distrust that data obtained under COVID-19 will be used exclusively to help prevent spread.
Just wow! I guess I had not appreciated that that many people would be questioning it.

So the news is saying number of cases going up in other country's didn't we learn from last we were slow to respond so wat are they doing easting lockdown in the UK Scotland Wales mostly due to finance reasons cases and deaths still happening but not as high as other countries but could go back up very quickly with lockdown easing then then will be in a worse state..

So the news is saying number of cases going up in other country's didn't we learn from last we were slow to respond so wat are they doing easting lockdown in the UK Scotland Wales mostly due to finance reasons cases and deaths still happening but not as high as other countries but could go back up very quickly with lockdown easing then then will be in a worse state..

What’s the relevance to GDPR?

None but as we like going of thread heading so much and as it has something to do with tracking and virus related

Anyone seen the news this morning?
Headline reads:

Coronavirus: government admits its test and trace program is unlawful

I’m saying no more.

I’m pleased to announce that both Apple and Google have released track and trace apps that do not contravene GDPR. What data is collected is done with data protection and privacy in mind.
It’s effectively privacy by design and not the illegal piece of shit that the government tried to write and enforce the use of.
I can confirm that under these circumstances I have now enabled use of the Apple tracking app as it is my civic duty but I will be monitoring it to ensure no illegalities are found.

Something should have been put in place long ago, the Covid situation is going backwards again. A functional T&T app may have prevented that.

Do the government get a refund from the developers? If the governemnt got a company to write a 'track and trace' app and it didn't obide to GDPR rules. Then its not for for purpose and shouldn't have to put more money into developng an app.

Depends on who spec’d it.
If the developers followed the requirements drawn up by the government then they have only done what they asked.
If they were simply told develop an app and either didn’t bother understanding the governance in place or ignored it then yes they should be accountable.

I’m pleased to announce that both Apple and Google have released track and trace apps that do not contravene GDPR. What data is collected is done with data protection and privacy in mind.
It’s effectively privacy by design and not the illegal piece of shit that the government tried to write and enforce the use of.
I can confirm that under these circumstances I have now enabled use of the Apple tracking app as it is my civic duty but I will be monitoring it to ensure no illegalities are found.
I downloaded and have enabled the NHS Covid app a couple of days ago.

Do the government get a refund from the developers? If the governemnt got a company to write a 'track and trace' app and it didn't obide to GDPR rules.

Just found this, glad I’m not contributing to a worthless and failing system.

Five-person team gets £25k a day to work on Test and Trace system
Amid claims that England's crucial COVID-19 contact tracing scheme has failed, Sky News can reveal that the government has been paying a five-person team of management consultants £25,000 a day to work on that part of the system.
The team from Boston Consulting Group (BCG) helped mastermind the creation of the contact tracing systems.
While they were only a fraction of the private sector consultants working on the test and trace system, they are believed to have been among the most expensive.
Two members of the team were being paid day rates of £7,360 while the remaining three were being paid £4,160 - though the consultancy gave the government a 10% discount for the job.
The revelation, based on confidential documents seen by Sky News, underlines the extent of how much the government is paying for the work of individual high-flying executives on the system, which is supposed to help track down the contacts of those who have caught COVID-19.
There are around 40 BCG executives in total working on Test and Trace, on day rates ranging from £2,400 to £7,360.
The individual consultants may not receive this full sum, but the firm charges on the basis of an individual's time.
Fresh figures published by Test and Trace today show that in the latest period for which there is data, the week to 7 October, the proportion of contacts successfully reached in England dropped to 62.9% - the lowest since the creation of the system.
The fall may be associated with the data problems a couple of weeks ago, when a spreadsheet error at Public Health England meant around 16,000 cases were not rapidly passed to the tracers.
However, it means the system is now falling far below the objectives set out by public health officials, who would like 80% of contacts to be reached.
Dr Layla McCay, director at the NHS Confederation, said: "If the NHS is to continue to be able to cope, with the added challenges of winter, we will either need to see a swift and significant improvement in the test and trace system, or more draconian measures over even larger parts of the country."
Shadow health secretary Jonathan Ashworth said: "Today the new figures show just 62% of contacts were reached.
"That's equivalent to 81,000 not reached, circulating in society, even though they've been exposed to the virus.
"This is another record blow and yesterday we learnt that consultants working on Test and Trace are being paid over £6,000 a day to run this failing service.
"In a single week the government is paying these senior consultants more than they pay an experienced nurse in a year.
"So can the secretary of state explain why such huge sums of money are being paid to consultants to run a service that is only getting worse?"

Back