Ford Ranchero Fairlane Truck Pickup V8 For Sale

RSS_Auto_Poster

16695.uk

I have owned this vehicle since June 2007. <br />
It was bought from Spurs Classic Cars in Sheffield and shipped straight to Burnham Autos.<br />
There it was discovered that it"s not a Ranchero but a Fairlane Stationwagon that early on in it"s life had been converted.<br />
Under the wooden panelling in the pickup bed, the seat rails are still underneath.<br />
The back drops down from the pickup bed with a catch.<br />
The rear windscreen is the rear windscreen from the station wagon, so unlike a Ranchero, it has a wraparound screen front and back.<br />
Rubbers need replacing and there is a crack at the bottom of the rear windscreen which has been marked and has never got any worse in all the years I"ve had it.<br />
<br />
It originally had a manual straight six, a 3.5L V8 Auto was fitted from a 1971 Ford Cougar.<br />
This was low mileage, the recorded mileage was 17536.<br />
It is still a low mileage car at 30355.<br />
<br />
The first bill on September 2007 is as follows:<br />
Remove old engine and gear box<br />
Remove and fit V8 351 Cleveland engine and box from 71 Cougar<br />
Fabricate engine mounts and fit engine<br />
Supply and fit prop shaft<br />
Rebuild rear brakes<br />
Rebuild front suspension<br />
Supply and fit power brake unit and front disc brake conversion<br />
Replace all brake lines and finish braking system<br />
Replace headlamp units<br />
Repair and rewire electrics as necessary<br />
Supply front wheels<br />
Shot blast and paint rims<br />
Supply and fit 4 white wall tyres<br />
Fabricate twin exhaust system<br />
(There is a long list of parts as well)<br />
<br />
Then the following March 2008 by Burnham Autos<br />
<br />
Car lowered 2-3 inches all round<br />
Paint touched in<br />
Steering wheel resprayed in original colour<br />
<br />
<br />
Also a removable tow bar....a tonneau cover was made by Keith at Burnham Autos at a cost of around 700 in cream to match.....<br />
<br />
I have a receipt for the 1100 for most of the work done in March. <br />
<br />
Then later another Invoice or 1700 for rechromed front and rear bumpers and all the mounts replaced, etc.<br />
The bumpers are still in great condition, no pitting that I can see anywhere.<br />
<br />
There is a matching spare wheel and tyre<br />
<br />
The engine had more work done over the years by Burnham Autos but I cannot find the bills. <br />
All work on the engine was always done by Burnham Autos. <br />
It had a new carb, new air filter and a new custom built radiator as well.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
The pickup used to be driven regularly but hasn"t been the last couple of years. <br />
It has been checked over mechanically and runs perfectly.<br />
It"s tight on the steering, no weaving around, it steers sharp and it brakes really well.<br />
There is a leak on the gear selector seal so it will need to be transported unless you can repair it here.<br />
Could do with a new fan belt. <br />
Although it hasn"t been driven lately, it has been checked over and started regularly, battery charged and all fluids topped up.<br />
Oil pressure is really good, fuel gauge is a bit intermittent, not working at present. Goes through the gears smoothly and will move up and down the driveway, so no problems getting it onto a low loader for transportation.<br />
It looks tatty on the paint, but it is solid, the doors and cills, no filler. <br />
Bench seat is easy to move backwards and forwards, fits me at 5 foot, fitted someone else at 6 foot....seats 3 across....<br />
<br />
I can"t think of anything else but please ask and I will try to answer your questions.....<br />
<br />
I will add more photos to a photobucket account and footage of it running later....<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
History.....<br />
<br />
Spurrs Classic Cars had it before me, I have a couple of mots from the 80"s but considering I drove this on the classic car scene for many years, no one recognised it. So I am guessing it was maybe stored somewhere. I have really enjoyed driving it and it has easily towed a caravan.<br />
No expense was spared when I first had it, bodywork and paint was planned but then life got in the way.....<br />
<br />
I just don"t use it any more and it needs a new home. The body work is suffering and it"s sad to see.<br />
<br />
I will take offers but I"d rather you come see it before making an offer.<br />
<br />
It"s located in East Sussex<br />
<br />
<br />
Cash on collection only<br />
<br />
<br />
I have footage of it running - details above<br />
<br />
<br />