Facebook Definition

AmericanThunder

Super Moderator
Not mine, but saw it and struck by the truth.

We have the vastness of the Internet and yet billions of people decide to spend most of their time within a horribly designed, fake news emporium of a website that sucks every possible piece of personal information out of you so it can sell it to others. And people see nothing wrong with that!

My thoughts exactly.

Its turning people into zombies, like they cant think for themselves. If Sarah got paid 10p per minute she spends on facebook I wouldn't need to work.

very true on both

I can't stand Facebook either. As Dan says, users become obsessed - like updating their status is the top priority... even if what they are updating it with is shallower than a puddle or total BS!
I truly believe it can change personalities for the worse.

can't comment as i have never used facebook

can't comment as i have never used facebook
You are not missing much, its full of unfactual rubbish that people share and believe it to be true.

I've read (and heard evidence from people) that Google listen in to people via the microphone in their mobile phones so they can target their marketing. I wouldn't be surprised if Facebook does the same.

If I planted a microphone in someone's house, that would be illegal and I would quite rightly be nicked. How can big organisations get away with effectively doing the same?!

It's like when those ba5tard companies phone you up and say "we've been informed you were involved in an accident". They haven't at all, that is a complete lie. How is that legal?!

Read the t&c’s of the Facebook app. By using it you allow Facebook to access your microphone and contacts. Complete invasion of privacy.
And yet people still consume it.

Read the t&c’s of the Facebook app. By using it you allow Facebook to access your microphone and contacts. Complete invasion of privacy.
And yet people still consume it.
Classic case of small print I guess. I bet there are pages of t&c's for FB too, probably containing many other shocking facts!

Sadly, I'm to be dragged kicking and screaming into mainstream social media!! I am having to get FB and IG accounts for the increased marketing aspect of my job! :mad:

Sadly, I'm to be dragged kicking and screaming into mainstream social media!! I am having to get FB and IG accounts for the increased marketing aspect of my job! :mad:
oh no. :( hopefully you get paid danger money for the brain washing aspest of that job.

Also check that your employer has supporting policies. You do have protection legally about your exposure.
Thanks for the pointers AT, I hadn't thought of that. As I said to Dan today, the default privacy setting for Instagram when you open an account is public! I've now changed it to private. It was suggested that I get a personal account ONLY to observe competitor marketing content on a professional basis. But in the short time since I opened the account, I have already been spotted by some family and freinds...exactly what I had hoped to avoid. Just shows you the nature of the thing!
Anyway, we now have a company account so I'll use that going forward and will dump the personal one soon.

Back